• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar engine paint source?

uk-maxie

Local time
9:06 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys

Got a little engine paint query I'm hoping someone can help with...

The guy who rebuilt our engine sprayed it with (as far as i know) the correct colour - Street Hemi Orange. He used these aerosols - the one on the right in the pic below. It has a part # - P4349216AB

(the can on the left is one we bought locally but havent used yet. We suspect it's more like the Race Hemi orange we have on our 426 maxie)

PAINTS.jpg

I know we can get Mopar Performance paint from Mancini's - it even has the same part number according to their website, but I'd like to know where the brand of paint in the above pic is available from?

I'd ask the guy that built the engine but he's away on vacation for a while, and I'd like to get some on order before he returns.

He gets his MP parts mostly from Koffel's so I guess it may have been from there.

MP paint from Mancni's:

mancini_paint_192.jpg

Yeah, I know best results are acheived by using 2-pack but we havent got access to proper spraying equipment, and as we're just looking to repaint some brackets and the valve covers, we're happy to make do with aerosols!

I'll be happy to get the MP paint from Mancini's but thought I'd try & source the paint in the top pic first, if someone can help, thanks! :icon_thumleft:

Does your local Chrysler dealership carry that paint in the parts department? Worth a try I guess.

Edit: may be hard to source, as I noticed you are not in USA. Still worth seeing if a dealership can ship it too you.

Does your local Chrysler dealership carry that paint in the parts department? Worth a try I guess.

Edit: may be hard to source, as I noticed you are not in USA. Still worth seeing if a dealership can ship it too you.

Hi Aaron, dealerships are a bit thin on the ground over here these days (i think they stopped selling new cars in the UK... again...a year or so ago) but we may be able to get some thru the dealers. I have a friend over here in our Mopar club who used to work in a Chrysler dealership, I'll ask him what our chances are!

Thanks for the Summit link too, I hadnt thought of that.

I had a look at the can at the weekend and noticed it does say Daimler-Chrysler on the label so presumably is from a dealership :icon_thumleft:

Personally I'd avoid the VHT SP120 Maxie. I used it,but thought it looked too much like terracotta......figuring it would grow on me I bought a second can to finish the job, same paint code (different batch).....but it looked more like coral pink in direct sunlight, so I was back to square one.
Even the Mopar street Hemi orange looks brownish compared to the Race Hemi orange.

Thanks RP, I tried the VHT paint and compared it to a throttle btacket we'd previosly paonted with that Mopar can, andit looks a lot more like the Race Hemi Orange we have on our 426 MW.

I've ordered 6 cans of MP Street Hemi Orange from Mancini's.... should have them in a couple of months :rolleyes:

Auto Transport Service
Back