• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Shop in South Florida?

Anasazi23

Local time
10:46 PM
Reaction score
Hello folks.

I got my '70 Roadrunner this past week and the car needs a bit of fine-tuning to be road-worthy. I'd like the brakes converted to disc maybe, and the engine is stalling out a bit. It also has some issues with the heater being on all the time (not fun in Florida), and some other minor annoyances.

I simply don't have the time to work on cars like I used to.

Anyone know of any reliable shops in the south Florida area that I can keep on record for repairs and some mechanical work?

Much appreciated.

Miami area, by chance? Don't know of a single one I'd trust to touch mine; do all the work myself.

What carb, and does it look like it's been worked on? Or are all the seals swelled like a carb that hasn't been attended to in a while?

Ironically enough, I should be completing my driveway drum-to-disc swap this weekend too...

-Kurt

MOPAR CHARLIE will pm his phone # have not used him but spoke with him a couple times looking for parts.

Last edited:
Miami area, by chance? Don't know of a single one I'd trust to touch mine; do all the work myself.

What carb, and does it look like it's been worked on? Or are all the seals swelled like a carb that hasn't been attended to in a while?

Ironically enough, I should be completing my driveway drum-to-disc swap this weekend too...

-Kurt
Hi and thanks for the response.

The car is freshly restored with a Holley 750 Double Pumper and Edelbrock Performer manifold. I bought it from guy who did a 2-year restoration. I just got the car a couple days ago and honestly haven't gone through it yet thoroughly.

How did your drum-to-disc swap go? Whose parts did you use? I've been watching the Ram Man's videos with interest.

:popcorn: im in the same boat will keep a close eye and share info ..i can tell you who to avoid

There's a good Mopar guy in Stuart. I sold him my 70 Satty ragtop. His name is Paul Grasso.
Grasso's Garage, 3231 SE Slater St, Stuart,FL 34986. Tell him Abe from NJ sent you.

There's a good Mopar guy in Stuart. I sold him my 70 Satty ragtop. His name is Paul Grasso.
Grasso's Garage, 3231 SE Slater St, Stuart,FL 34986. Tell him Abe from NJ sent you.
Perfect. Thanks so much. Just checked out his facebook page. It's entertaining.

Last edited:
i use Galaxie Auto in winter haven, reasonable, very knowledgeable. they have do lots of work for mopar muscle and chris was a lead on the Viper program .. google the Galaxie Automotive , spirit lake road, winter haven, fl

Thought I'd update with a little bit of info on South Florida mechanics that seem versed in mopar repair.

I brought my car into Performance Center of Jupiter, after I had issues with brake lights and turn signals going out, and the car suddenly cutting out completely and not turning over. This was in addition to the brake pedal pushing to nearly the floor, some throttle issues, etc.

The owner, Wayne, was very friendly, and fixed these issues without a hitch. Not too expensive, and did a nice job buttoning up the car when it was finished. He seems to be quite knowledgable about American muscle cars in general.

I'd recommend him.

Auto Transport Service
Back