• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopars in the Park - 2015

CoronetDarter

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:59 PM
Reaction score
Yesterday was the annual Mopars in the Park car show in Rancho Cordova. The event draws a nice contingent of NorCal Mopar enthusiasts. It felt like there may have been less cars this year, but there were some new ones out there too. As always you run into nice people of all automotive persuasions and hear some great stories.

Naturally, Dennis was there. Always a pleasure hanging out with Dennis for the day. And met Cory, aka Hosehead; he came up from Pasadena to pick up some parts.
IMG_2496.jpg

There were several Coronets at the show:
IMG_2495.jpg
IMG_2542.jpg
IMG_2543.jpg

A '59 Coronet and the only Desoto at the show
IMG_2560.jpg
IMG_2562.jpg

Tried talking to the owner's wife but she wasn't very chatty
IMG_2563.jpg
IMG_2561.jpg

IMG_2578.jpg
Plymouth was well represented; lots of B bodies and Cuda's.
A survivor RR
IMG_2480.jpg

IMG_2478.jpg
IMG_2479.jpg

Original owner '73 RR with 23,000 miles. Everything original, one repaint. This car was cherry
IMG_2481.jpg
IMG_2482.jpg

IMG_2483.jpg
IMG_2485.jpg

IMG_2556.jpg
IMG_2554.jpg
IMG_2555.jpg

Last edited:
cool stuff thanks for sharing

I forgot it was even going on

These Mopar in the Park shows are pretty cool. It's like going to the best restaurant and having anything you like. I went to one in Minnesota last year. It was great. For some reason many of the other shows I've been to have mostly fords and Chevys. Chrysler seems to be underrepresented often times. Why is that?

These Mopar in the Park shows are pretty cool. It's like going to the best restaurant and having anything you like. I went to one in Minnesota last year. It was great. For some reason many of the other shows I've been to have mostly fords and Chevys. Chrysler seems to be underrepresented often times. Why is that?

Ignorance. :yes:

For every Coronet or RR sold, Chevy moved 10,000 Camaros and Ford sold 20,000 Mustangs. I enjoy all car shows but you're right, Mopars are way under represented. The Mopar Alley car show in Cupertino draws a nice crowd too.

This year was a lot smaller than other years but I always have fun going. I was able to pick up a disk break convertion for my 68 Superbee and I hope to haave my car out there next year. It will not win anything but just having it there will be fun.image.jpg

image.jpgRide home. Sacramento Delta. 160 South. sweet.

- - - Updated - - -

image.jpg

IMG_2537.jpgIMG_2536.jpgIMG_2538.jpgIMG_2539.jpg

A Gen III Hemi and rack 'n pinion steering.
IMG_2486.jpg
IMG_2575.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This year was a lot smaller than other years but I always have fun going. I was able to pick up a disk break convertion for my 68 Superbee and I hope to haave my car out there next year. It will not win anything but just having it there will be fun.View attachment 263988

That's a nice looking car you got. Hopefully next year we'll be able to double the number of Coronets at the show.

- - - Updated - - -

This year was a lot smaller than other years but I always have fun going. I was able to pick up a disk break convertion for my 68 Superbee and I hope to haave my car out there next year. It will not win anything but just having it there will be fun.View attachment 263988

That's a nice looking car you got. Hopefully next year we'll be able to double the number of Coronets at the show.

Great meeting you, Maria and Dennis! And thanks again for the heads! Should be doing burnouts soon in the 65! Great show with lots of nice cars!!! Thanks again, Rich!! Can't wait to see the coronet on the road!

Great meeting you, Maria and Dennis! And thanks again for the heads! Should be doing burnouts soon in the 65! Great show with lots of nice cars!!! Thanks again, Rich!! Can't wait to see the coronet on the road!

Too bad you couldn't stick around for a little while longer. There will be other shows.

Way to go Jim. I really wanted to make it this year. But...The '66 Ply Sat has developed an alignment issue and I just didn't feel comfortable driving it up there. All I would need is for something to have happened and be stranded on I 80. Glad you had a good time. Still some local cruises here in Vacaville this Summer so maybe we can hook up again...cr8crshr/Tuck

Lots of great cars there. Sounds like a fun event.

Way to go Jim. I really wanted to make it this year. But...The '66 Ply Sat has developed an alignment issue and I just didn't feel comfortable driving it up there. All I would need is for something to have happened and be stranded on I 80. Glad you had a good time. Still some local cruises here in Vacaville this Summer so maybe we can hook up again...cr8crshr/Tuck
Yeah that we will have to do but I will be going to Japan for work for a few weeks soon so it will be later in the year. Hope the car is running good. The Bee is waiting for some new rims and tires as I gave the ones on the Bee to my son for his Mustang.

Auto Transport Service
Back