• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 1967 Belvedere Convertible Plans and Restoration (aka - Mad Scientist Build)

just giving ya a hard time kahn, looks sweet, and this will be one of the baddest 67s out there when this is done.

Looky what i found for ya...BUH HA HA HA....THE MAD SCIENTIST
my buddy bought an old gary scelzi funny car body and masked off the mad scientist an painted it plum crazy purple an i lettered the rest of it. the air brushing is awesome. thought you would like it.

Attachments

• Gary_Scelzi_Oakley_Time_Bomb_Top_Fuel_Funny_Car-Mad_Scientist.jpg
    Gary_Scelzi_Oakley_Time_Bomb_Top_Fuel_Funny_Car-Mad_Scientist.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 310
Yeah, yeah, yeah USARR . . . but the 5.7 is already sitting in the garage . . . ( sigh ) . . . maybe a later upgrade, then I can put the 5.7 in the shoebox ( hee hee hee hee ). Actually my thoughts are ( maybe ) adding a super-charger to the 5.7 ? ? ? Too bad there's not a 6.7 for my 67 ? ? ? ?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Tallhair - much appreciated.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks 747 Mopar . . . Need a little warmer temps so I can make progress on it so that "someday" I will be able to drive it.

Interesting happening the other day - I've got a digital level that, of course, runs on batteries. Need all the help I can get on keeping things as true as possible. Turned on the display, made a measurement, moved it to the second location and the display went blank ? ? Nothing . . . nothing at all. Brought the level back to the house to replace the batteries and after it sat in the warmer house for a couple minutes, the display started working again ? ?

Guess it was too cold to work in the cold garage - so maybe I shouldn't feel bad if I don't make it out there to work either ? ? ? ( sigh ) . . . ( argh )

I keep my cheaper set of battery power tools in the garage (Ryobi) and all 3 of my lithium ion batteries are done and won't take a charge from the cold weather. I always feared that so I kept my Dewalt stuff in the workshop in my basement. I caught it in time to bring in anything else that could have issues.. flashlights etc. but this cold weather definitely isn't battery or display friendly! We're in a serious cold snap right now I hope it eases off soon and glad I have a trickle charger on the RR!

Took a clue from the digital level, and made it out to the shop long enough to check the level on my car - and find out it was dead on - then brought the digital level and myself back into the house and called it a day - I hate this, no progress on the car . . . argh ! ! !

- - - Updated - - -

Looky what i found for ya...BUH HA HA HA....THE MAD SCIENTIST
my buddy bought an old gary scelzi funny car body and masked off the mad scientist an painted it plum crazy purple an i lettered the rest of it. the air brushing is awesome. thought you would like it.

That would look so cool an the trunk of the Khan-vertible ! ! ! Oh yeah ! ! ! ( smile )

- - - Updated - - -

I keep my cheaper set of battery power tools in the garage (Ryobi) and all 3 of my lithium ion batteries are done and won't take a charge from the cold weather. I always feared that so I kept my Dewalt stuff in the workshop in my basement. I caught it in time to bring in anything else that could have issues.. flashlights etc. but this cold weather definitely isn't battery or display friendly! We're in a serious cold snap right now I hope it eases off soon and glad I have a trickle charger on the RR!

Well I've never experienced this Gooon - this is the first time, so I'm learning . . . I'm not happy about it, but I'm learning . . .

Took a clue from the digital level, and made it out to the shop long enough to check the level on my car - and find out it was dead on - then brought the digital level and myself back into the house and called it a day - I hate this, no progress on the car . . . argh ! ! ![/SIZE]

- - - Updated - - -

That would look so cool an the trunk of the Khan-vertible ! ! ! Oh yeah ! ! ! ( smile )

- - - Updated - - -

Well I've never experienced this Gooon - this is the first time, so I'm learning . . . I'm not happy about it, but I'm learning . . .

I don't want to hear it Kahn, it's single digits here (-3 when I went to work this morning) and I'm headed to the garage to make love to my torpedo heater or my Charger..................... probably the heater! I know it sucks

Took a clue from the digital level, and made it out to the shop long enough to check the level on my car - and find out it was dead on - then brought the digital level and myself back into the house and called it a day - I hate this, no progress on the car . . . argh ! ! !

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I still have a thought to do a custom "ANGRY BIRD" breather Lid. Something "MAD SCIENTIST" would look good under the hood too! Food for thought!

And I hear ya on the cold it's tough to see how tools will react and when it's not comfortable enough to work! I grew up much further North than where I live now where the winters were NASTY and snowmobiling was my hobby so I guess I'm accustom to dealing with this crap! Can't wait for SPRING!!

I'm ready for spring too. I like the snow but this year we have had almost none. So if it's not going to snow it might as well warm up. I really feel like driving the Coronet to work...but the salt is a white coating on everything. If it wasn't for that I'd drive it tomorrow. With the fuel injection I wouldn't be worried about it starting:)....Tomorrow's high is 5....

You haven't had enough snow huh.... Im done, spring will come someday. i hope.

Plan B - can't get in the shop to work . . .

So it's far too cold in the shop to get out there to work, so I figured, why not start putting together some of the parts that I've got sitting in my house ( yeah, in my living room ) . . . so I pulled them out ans started to get some parts put together . . .

Boy are these some nice looking parts . . . can't wait to get them on the car ! ! !

Getting the steering arms attached to the spindles . . . looking good - need to redo them with lock-tite . . .

sm_buildingparts01.jpg

Closer look at the spindles and steering arms . . .

sm_buildingparts02.jpg

And the wheel lugs installed into the wheel hubs . . . Really like these Wilwoods ! ! !

sm_buildingparts03.jpg

HhhhmmmHhhhmmm (throat clearing noise): did I happen to mention it was in the low 70's here in Vegas today?

Dayam Larry, your welding is looking awesome! Curious as to what tool you used to clean up the welds at the base of the supports you installed; die grinder with carbide burr?

You haven't had enough snow huh.... I'm done, spring will come someday. i hope.

Ron....if it doesn't snow every day I am slightly disappointed. But like you I am ready for spring this year.

- - - Updated - - -

HhhhmmmHhhhmmm (throat clearing noise): did I happen to mention it was in the low 70's here in Vegas today?

Dayam Larry, your welding is looking awesome! Curious as to what tool you used to clean up the welds at the base of the supports you installed; die grinder with carbide burr?
I am intrigued too....its hard to clean those welds up nice.

Bob and KB67 - after the welding, I put a cutoff disc on my 4 1/2" angle grinder and go at it - this allows me to follow the angles on the metal that I'm attempting to match up, and focus the grinding in a small area. Working it around the entire weld one small step at a time - it allows me to "see" how the angle matching is working ( or not working so I can adjust ). Once I get it close, I swap to a flapper disc on the 4 1/2" angle grinder and tidy up the rest of the stuff that I'm not happy with . . . Bit time consuming, but the results seem to work out well . . . Hope that helps.

Bob: HhhhmmmHhhhmmm (throat clearing noise): Got room in the shop for me and my project so I can work on it ? ? (smile)

keep the updates coming love the parts additions
hope you can get out & get her done soon

I feel guilty now,
it's been in the hi 60's & low 70's here :headbang: & I haven't hardly touched my car

have fun & stay warm,
I have a ton of "new parts" mostly in boxes, in my house too,
benefits of being single, nobody to complain except ol'Pops & he doesn't mind...lol

Bob and KB67 - after the welding, I put a cutoff disc on my 4 1/2" angle grinder and go at it - this allows me to follow the angles on the metal that I'm attempting to match up, and focus the grinding in a small area. Working it around the entire weld one small step at a time - it allows me to "see" how the angle matching is working ( or not working so I can adjust ). Once I get it close, I swap to a flapper disc on the 4 1/2" angle grinder and tidy up the rest of the stuff that I'm not happy with . . . Bit time consuming, but the results seem to work out well . . . Hope that helps.

Bob: HhhhmmmHhhhmmm (throat clearing noise): Got room in the shop for me and my project so I can work on it ? ? (smile)

I've got nobody here in Vegas to share my car thrills with (left 'em all in SF) so by all means, come one come all and enjoy the weather, the cocktails, and all the other vices LV has to offer!

Ron....if it doesn't snow every day I am slightly disappointed. But like you I am ready for spring this year.

- - - Updated - - -

As of late hear the closer we get to spring the colder it gets! lol, I am sick with the cold ill tell ya, im getting over a bad cold now and today my water pump takes a dump, man, why does this stuff not happen when its good weather! rofl... With a LOT of help from my son in law were back in business but today was not the "fun" day of the weekend, and over 400 bucks to boot, i think ill move to Florida until JULY lol... Maybe by then it will be ok...

Those do look pretty awesome! I here you on the weather, today felt like Spring to me being in the 30s all day but we got hit with a blizzard of snow at the same time (go figure).

Nice progress Kahn! Looks like quality stuff ;)

It always does with this guy, scary it is when i think about it to long! lol.. I bet he gets good spring weather before the rest of us to!!! YEP!!! :) Khan, the man with MANY unseen talents yet to be unveiled....... ;)

It always does with this guy, scary it is when i think about it to long! lol.. I bet he gets good spring weather before the rest of us to!!! YEP!!! :) Khan, the man with MANY unseen talents yet to be unveiled....... ;)

Thanks Ron . . . ( blush ) . . . WOW . . . Uh, I don't know what to say . . . ( blush )

As for the weather . . . Snow last Thursday, freezing rain this morning . . . and a forecast for 70 on Wednesday ! ! !

GO FIGURE ! !

Auto Transport Service
Back