• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My mom thinks she saw a 69 charger 500 about half a mile from where my r/t is parked

I know that but i'm personally not a huge fan of the 69 500 look.
I'd take an R/T (which i have) or Daytona myself. :)
I understand. I didn't comment on the look, just that '69 500 (NASCAR) was a different car. To be honest I don't think I could normally tell the difference between a typical '69 Charger or a '70. I do remember looking at many '70 Charger 500's on the lot in the spring of '71. The only way I quickly tell a '68 from a '69 is the side lights.

there are two 69 Charger 500s known to be around in germany.
Both are B5 blue. One from the factory, the other one was originally Y2 yellow.

There are two green ones living in England as well as one in Austria.

None of them has an added v-roof

Carsten

Yeah well....my sister thinks she saw Godzilla browsing in the vegetable aisle of the Kroger, too....

Point is - it's all heresay without proof.
Where's the pics?
1655383519147.gif
:lol:

Carsten

Well then chances are its a 70 500.
But we haven't seen it since unfortunately.

Was the car in question blue? If so then it probably is a Charger 500. There is one in Germany that I know of.

No it was green like mine. It did not appear again so far.

Why wouldn't a 69 Charger 500 be floating around Germany? There are Car Enthusiasts, the Autobahn & Charger 500's... Seems like a natural to me...

When we were in Europe back in the late 60's & early 70's I saw plenty of cool cars & bikes, owned by locals as well as US servicemen.. Some of those likely survived & how many have been imported as well as exported since then...

While living in Turkey the was a 70 Hemicuda on base... A member of Moparts who lives in Istanbul posted pictures of his 69 Hemi Charger R/T

Pops had a 64 Chrysler 300K Convertible that when we returned to the US the car stayed in Turkey....
Holy crap, you've lived an interesting life. I just grew up and worked in this country.

Holy crap, you've lived an interesting life. I just grew up and worked in this country.
I saw a '69 HEMI Road Runner in a small lockup garage in the bad area of London when I lived there back in the early 90's....it was in pieces.

Nearly bought a '69 383 Road Runner from a dealer there also.....but the guy seemed a bit shady, and my preferred model was a '70. Nice car all the same.

I was lucky enough to tag along on a interesting ride.... Pops served from late 1943 until 1974... He saw a lot of very out of the way places... From the late 50's my family travelled every where he went accept Vietnam... Then I joined the Navy & spent a few more years in interesting places..

Carsten
My former Y2 yellow 69 Charger 500 was restored and painted B5 blue with a white stripe. I wonder if that is my old car?

69 Charger 500 'Hemi' 4 speed Other than a red interior (I like black better), it's
my bucket list car (with different wheels, no fan of them painted steelies & poverty caps)
69 Charger 500 Hemi White red stripe #1 1 of 119 Hemi Versions.jpg

70 Charger 500 SE w/vinyl roof B5 blue
70 Charger 500 SE B-5 Blue.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back