• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My old Purple 1971 Hemi GTX 4 Speed car, coming up for auction.

hemi71x

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:10 PM
Reaction score
https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/cars-for-sale/plymouth/unspecified/2383720.html

I owned this car for 24 years, before i sold it off to a big league, well known collector, in southern California, many years ago.

I owned it with Rallye Wheels on it, and i never had the console mounted, cassette tape player, that the car was originally ordered with.

The man that i sold it to brought it back to the condition that it rolled of the assembly line, back in January 1971.

Now I'm really curious, what do you guys think this car will bring at auction, in the condition that's it in?

In my ownership, it was in damm good condition anyway, in all the years that i had it.

I was owner number 4 at the time, so i think this is owner number 6, that's selling it off.

It's a well documented, paper work car, as i had all the paper work on it, since it left the factory, to the original dealership, and the original, ordering owner of it.

What ya think?
Jim V.
hemi71x

I like it!

$110,000 at auction it will bring?

I’ll guess $150,000 - $175,000

Was that rick koffels old car

Was that rick koffels old car
Don't know who Rick Koffel is.
I know the names of the first 3 owners, i was owner number 4, naturally i know the name of the guy that i sold it too, owner number 5, but i have heard thru the grapevine that owner number 5, must have sold it off to the person that's now selling it. #6
Which the new owner will be number 7.

20200207_191234.jpg
20200207_191354.jpg

This one may be there too. I'm not sure if my friend got his paper work in, but he missed Mecum in January due to health issues. I know he is expecting 185+ when it does sell.

I never stepped up to buy any "pedigree" car. It would suck to see a car that I sold cheap to then be valued this much!
It would be like the flat chested girlfriend you broke up with suddenly develop curves and marry your high school rival.
That never happened to me, but....
I did "date" a few that were A or B cup that got Jiffy Boobs a bit after we quit seeing each other.
That was not fair. I wanted a rematch but they did not.

I never stepped up to buy any "pedigree" car. It would suck to see a car that I sold cheap to then be valued this much!
It would be like the flat chested girlfriend you broke up with suddenly develop curves and marry your high school rival.
That never happened to me, but....
I did "date" a few that were A or B cup that got Jiffy Boobs a bit after we quit seeing each other.
That was not fair. I wanted a rematch but they did not.
IMO, that's like putting lipstick on a pig. If it's fake, I'm not interested.

A good surgeon can make them look and feel real.

I really like that year, well done!!

nice car
I wonder why no engine bay photo ?

71 GTX Hemi In Violet front.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back