• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My sweet sweet puppy has died

99ss

Local time
3:23 AM
Reaction score
Jake was a 10 yr old newfoundland in perfect health. I came home and he never came to see me so I went looking for him and found him laying in the spot he always laid down to wait for us to come home. My kids are heartbroken and I am much the same. He and I have been together for the past 10 yrs everyday. Brave courageous wondferful dog who gave us his love every minute of everyday he was alive.
I've buried a friend from cancer last week and now this. The most unconditional love ever .... I am at a loss.

I feel for you. Having gone through the same, There is nothing I can say that will make you feel better. All I can tell you is, Remember all the good times you had together.

Man, I'm sorry to hear that. My friends just lost their 14 yr old wiener dog this last week and they're pretty bummed. Like Satman says, nothing much to say but I'm sorry.

10 is not a bad run.

At least he went in a comfortable spot, presumably peacefully.

Sorry for your loss, I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better.

I had to put my 13 year old Lab down a while back. He was suffering
from arthritis and had a couple tumors. One day he just couldn' get up
and I new it was time. His name was Buddy and he was my buddy..
If I was laying on the ground working on a car he would snuggle in like he was helping.
I had him in the back of my girlfriends SUV and
would sit and visit with him when resting while digging his grave.

My condolences to you. I feel your loss. I have tears in my eyes while writing
this.. I hope it helps that Jake didn't suffer. Unfortunately for us these large breed dogs
don't live as long.

I know your greif. I have three dogs 2 maltese and 1 big black lab. The lab is my buddy. Casey is 10 with Diabetes. Problems with health all the time. I am sad for you

So sorry for your loss. The only bad thing about being a dog lover is we can't keep them forever, as much as we wish we could.

So sorry for your loss. It just happened to us last week. You can take comfort in knowing Jake now sleeps at Gods feet.

.......DOG = friend, friend=loyalty. He passed away in a place where he was loved and safe. You'll see'em again one day sir.

99ss so sorry to hear of your bad news.God bless

Sorry to hear that for sure! I know how it feels to lose a pet(member of the family)after having them for so long. I lost my shepard after 8.5 yrs. we were together 24-7 ! I've since acquired another german shepard she was dumped! She's my shadow! I can't make a move without her right there beside me. She's apx. 2 so hopefully I'll have her around for a long time!

to all of us that have our dear friends lately it seems this year there's been a lot I feel your loss there more than a pet to many of us its been almost two years now and we haven't found that special pup to replace our Chesapeake Bay Retriever that we had

So sorry for your loss, the Newfie is a gentle giant with a heart to match.

Auto Transport Service
Back