• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name your adrenaline rush.

imagejpeg_0(1).jpg
imagejpeg_2.jpg
imagejpeg_0.jpg
Last night a good friend came by to show me his new toy and took me for a ride. 735 HP, hold on!!!!

Last time I got all excited was a couple of days ago at the Mom & Pop grocery across the street staffed by all family members that actually look like monkeys. One young daughter (my favorite employee) is a little less "monkeyish" than the rest. For years now I never knew her name, until this week when I overheard her mother call over to her "Azucena" which is from Arabic meaning "lily." Discovering her name at long last got my adrenaline up for some reason. Well, as you can tell, not too much excitement to be had around here.

DSC05109.JPG

Last edited:
Drag racing was actually relaxing for me but I loved the competition. Even bracket racing was good especially when you get the car dialed in to run the number. Loved it when someone would try and talk smack and then beat then at their own game. My smack was done on the track. Had some things that I did with the worse of the worst and some would say it wasn't gentlemen like but everything was within the rules and only done to the haters. Keep in mind that Houston is a Chevy/Ford town. That was my rush but love hanging the tail out and doing donuts but even if I had a car to hot dog these days, there's very few places to do that around here anymore.

Drag racing was actually relaxing for me but I loved the competition. Even bracket racing was good especially when you get the car dialed in to run the number. Loved it when someone would try and talk smack and then beat then at their own game. My smack was done on the track. Had some things that I did with the worse of the worst and some would say it wasn't gentlemen like but everything was within the rules and only done to the haters. Keep in mind that Houston is a Chevy/Ford town. That was my rush but love hanging the tail out and doing donuts but even if I had a car to hot dog these days, there's very few places to do that around here anymore.
I one time did something that was not very sporty of me at the track. I was in the 11 sec bracket running the winner of the 14 (and slowest) bracket. I knew the new kid in a stock 69 Barracuda (Another Mopar to make it worse) would get the 3 second head start. So I let him stage first. I then staged and then purposefully deep staged to turn my top bulb off. And sure as hell, he stood there staring at it when he went green. He left about 1 second before I went green thus posting a near 2 second reaction time. Afterwards his dad said something to me, and I lied saying it was a mistake and I'm lucky I didn't red light. The race won me $500. And as you know, drag racing isn't like circle track. Any pay is rare. But I still feel bad. The kid's car was more consistent than mine. So at the time? I thought it was a good idea. But it was cheap.

All great stories! keep them coming....I remember the first time an AK round zinged past my right ear in the pitch dark. Instant zero to infinity.....lol.

All great stories! keep them coming....I remember the first time an AK round zinged past my right ear in the pitch dark. Instant zero to infinity.....lol.
That will get the juices flowing. That's a 30 caliber rifle round. If it zingged by your ear it must have been pretty close. And LOUD.

That will get the juices flowing. That's a 30 caliber rifle round. If it zingged by your ear it must have been pretty close. And LOUD.
I figure it was about 3-5 inches away maybe. 39 cal. x7.62 Close enough to make me jerk my head to the left in a hurry. About broke my damn neck. Everything was quiet and all of a sudden this small gang of rag heads pops up a short distance away and lets loose on spray and pray. We just sorta hunkered down until their clips ran dry and then punished them mightily. That bullet must have been one of the first rounds because very shortly you couldn't hear anything if you wanted to. That much adrenaline closes the ears up and pin points your focus real well. That's why you get the **** trained out of you in boot camp, so your body will remember what to do even if you are a juiced up goner...on autopilot. Had an instructor that always said to not bother screaming orders in a firefight unless your crew are well seasoned troops, nobody is gonna hear 'em anyway.

I'm not sure near death experiences was the goal of this thread. I'm guessing no amount of combat training can prepare for the initial shock. Our bodies move involuntarily. Primal fears of escape. I certainly hope no one actually seeks that type of adrenaline.

That is deep.
Yeah, it was deep. Too deep for me at the time and equipment. The real scary part was I kept looking at the bottom and remember thinking, damn that’s close, can’t be much further. Well I started that process at about 100 feet! Another 50 plus later I’m on the bottom. Stupid really! But we learn a lot from what doesn’t kill us! Hopefully!

Last edited:
Riding my slightly modded 2011 Harley-Davidson V-Rod
Almost always with a great group of guys I know, all knee dragging, leathers wearing, speed demons...riding Aprilias, Ducatis, Kaws, etc...
Go to 7:10

710 it is. Perfect road. Nice sweepers, light traffic. I miss my Bike.

Auto Transport Service
Back