• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name your adrenaline rush.

710 it is. Perfect road. Nice sweepers, light traffic. I miss my Bike.
Early Sunday mornings is when we would hit River Road. No traffic from the levee side, traffic from the other side always must stop because the streets all "dead end" at the levee. Curves follow the river. After following the river, we would cross over and follow some bayou roads, curves, country road....
Man! Making me want to go again!
Those are speeds that you don't only get a ticket for, jail or a mental hospital would be a likely destination...No real chance of anyone else but us riding to get hurt because of the previously described traffic conditions.

I one time did something that was not very sporty of me at the track. I was in the 11 sec bracket running the winner of the 14 (and slowest) bracket. I knew the new kid in a stock 69 Barracuda (Another Mopar to make it worse) would get the 3 second head start. So I let him stage first. I then staged and then purposefully deep staged to turn my top bulb off. And sure as hell, he stood there staring at it when he went green. He left about 1 second before I went green thus posting a near 2 second reaction time. Afterwards his dad said something to me, and I lied saying it was a mistake and I'm lucky I didn't red light. The race won me $500. And as you know, drag racing isn't like circle track. Any pay is rare. But I still feel bad. The kid's car was more consistent than mine. So at the time? I thought it was a good idea. But it was cheap.
Deep staging wasn't legal at the track I ran but you could do it during time trials if you mentioned it to the starter and I did just that against my wife one night :D She was in her daily driver...a 2000 Durango with 318 and 3.90 gears and me in my somewhat new to me daily driver 95 Dakota V6 with 3.55 gears. Her car was 4600 and mine was 3300 but hers was a good full second faster. She beat me in the first TT round but I beat her in the second by doing the same thing you did lol. She was pissed :D Hey, if it's legal, no problem and no reason for his dad to question you. My dad would have just told me to suck it up and would not have gone over to the competition to fuss at them. Imo, the kid learned a valuable lesson. Heck, I beat a guy who dialed 11.50 to my 19.66 (LOL) and kicked his ***! Not only did he cut terrible light but he broke out too! I was the slowest car at the track that night but I took home the trophy after 7 rounds of....going slow hehe

181 RWHP/105 torque.

2lbkr9l.jpg

aside from the restaurant, here is one of my other rushes. I haven't tracked her yet. Maybe one day
Camaro 1a.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back