• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nashville

alsant

Local time
6:07 AM
Reaction score
We really like the Nashville area , so we are thinking of buying property there for the future. Property taxes are a lot better than Illinois. I would like some feed back from anyone who is in the area. Positive and negative. Thanks!

and just think they weren't from Nashville at all

I live in Portland, about 30 miles north of Nashville.small town,out in the country. No neighbors. I love it here. Came from Toledo Oh. My wife just got transferred to Columbus Oh. So we have to move. I’m not very happy about it. The only good thing is we will be closer to the kids & grandkids.

I attended college in Tennessee and routinely went to Nashville...I would love to live there if the opportunity presented itself....

Im looking at possibly moving to TN in a few yrs from downstate Illinois. For whatever reason our taxes are high not crook county high but high enough to make us start looking.
Couple of things I've noticed about Nashville proper housing prices are very high . Similiar weather hot humid in summer. Of course much better in winter. Nashville is within the New Madrid fault zone. We've noticed traffic can be a pain, again not Chicago traffic, but a pain none the less. Its a fun place to visit, but we are looking at the Knoxville area also, good medical, reasonable climate, good bang for the buck.

My daughter and her husband live about 60 miles south of Nashville. We visit often and really enjoy the area. My daughter would never move back here. There are no state income taxes and real estate taxes are reasonable. Sales tax is close to 10% depending on which county you live in. The further you buy from Nashville the cheaper the property is. Currently Nashville real estate is selling at an incredible rate. We talked to a realtor the last time we visited and she had a property that had 30 offers on it. Good luck on your decision.

Tennessee is a wonderful place. The People are really nice
Lots of variety landscape wise and Nashville is centally located.

Ouch villa park, gotta
Be getting killed on taxes there. Get out of IL as fast as you can, I jumped ship and went to Indiana. Visited Nashville a few times, loved it.

Looking into Nashville area we are not looking exactly in Nashville as I see housing has gone up quite a bit in Nashville. We are in dupage county and now if the tax laws change we are going to be screwed. We are going again in spring again to look into things a little more, we will have to look into other areas in that general area , maybe Knoxville to.

definitely leaving illynois when i can pull the pin.
nashville area is nice. knoxville. anywhere but du page county

btw, im just west of you, alsant. probably left some rubber on the street that runs past your house

1AE1D163-DE4C-408C-8DE1-EB03C4373EAE.jpeg
AA7BFFC7-BEE7-4A56-8A84-F8239DA5DF70.jpeg
Please not on my new street ! Waited 30 years to get a new street!

The city song is....

thought part of the title was 'nashville'. nope, wrong again.
but - nashville is on the direction pole in the background

I'm close to Nashville and visit often. It's all good except the cost of living has skyrocketed in the past few years. Even with that its still a great place to live.

Murfreesboro about 45 min South of Nashville is nice
My wife's cousin lives there, great area. Love going down to the smokies too. Been to Nashville a couple times, really like the area.

We were looking at condos in downtown Nashville around 2011. Prices were what considered to be “reasonable.” Looking again recently, the cost of the same condos has risen dramatically.

Auto Transport Service
Back