• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a lil help to ID Edelbrock carburetor

TAZZ

Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score
I'm at work 100 miles out in the Gulf Of Mexico so I'm working off pictures my wife sent me. I want to ID the carb so I can find a rebuild kit and have it at home when I get there. I've looked at hundreds of pictures on the net but I don't want to guess. The car has been sitting up for 2 years. I know there are plenty of other things to do and I want to try and have parts at home when I get there. Thanks

IMG_6834.JPG IMG_6835.JPG IMG_6837.JPG

Last edited:
It is an edelbrock AVS. They make a couple of different models, and I don't know if they all have the same kit. There should be a number on the base in front of the hold down bolt on the left side looking from the front.

1120434-ff7c0dc7e828ca509e3c76c444f08a4a.jpg

Copied from here. She'll have to get you this pic. This is a 9636SA.

It is the Edelbrock performer series 600 cfm 1406 model. And R/T Boy 67 you are correct about the rebuild kit. Thanks guys.

Not that it matters, as far as a kit is concerned, but the carb in your picture is an AVS type. The 1406 is not.

The edelbrock AFB and AVS type carbs are basically the same, so it might be possible that the top was swapped.

The secondary section of and AVS has a spring loaded air door... The AFB has a similar door but it is deeper into the carb below the venturis & it uses counter balance weights... I'll dig up pictures..

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back