• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Edelbrock AV2 Carb

Give us a comparison between the two after you install the 800 AVS 2 versus the 750 AFB

I bought mine a year ago and posted earlier in this thread
Since then

800 AVS 2 - Running .101 Primaries / .104 Secondaries
.065x.052 Metering Rods
7" Pink Springs
Re-Adjusted float levels from 7/16" to 5/16" - Float drop 1"
Removed Choke Hardware
Factory needles and seats

Awesome Awesome Carb
What mods does your engine have, mine has a Scott Brown ( Straight Line Performance ) Hydraulic cam with adjustable rockers nothing crazy, Performer RPM intake, stock exhaust manifolds, timing is 36 degrees total, initial is around 12. 4 speed with 3:54 dana. Why did you make the changes to the carb that you did ?

Idle and cruise where rich

383/432

Comp XE 275HL
E Street Heads Edelbrock 75cc - 10.5-1 Compression
HP Manifolds

34 Total On Timing

Run it box stock , and go from there

I was glad I opened mine up though brand new out of the box , one of the float adjustments was way off from the factory

Houle - Great Read

https://edelbrock-instructions-v1.s3.amazonaws.com/edelbrock/carb-tuning-guide.pdf

Page 37/38 is calibration for the 1912/1913 800 AVS 2

Like I said earlier , Run it factory stock first on jetting , if you want to check the floats out of the box that’s up to you

Report back to us after you have it installed , and then we can talk air/fuel ratio and spark plug color if you want and make adjustments

Thanx Scott

Auto Transport Service
Back