• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New motor is finally here!

Fingers crossed, I got lucky with this glass hood it was near perfect when I got it. I figured if it doesn’t fit I’ll be asking for a hemi scoop for Xmas lol

Probably a 5" hemi scoop to get air cleaner clearance.
I ran the 5" hemi scoop and man did it catch wind. I didn't drill the steel hood for pins and ran it with just the latch. After a pass, no matter how tight the latch bolts would be the latch would slide. I'd come back from a pass and the hood would be up an inch.

Had dead soft aluminum collector leaked. Switch to Remflex no leaks. They are somewhat fragile. Wonder whether Mike G. would say about that. If you have a couple of exhaust studs to hang them on that would make install easy.
In regards to REMFLEX HEADER GASKETS....On the gaskets I cut the END bolt holes open towards the bottom. Then I put the 2 end bolts thru the headers and hang the header on the block with those 2 end bolts. then I pull the header a little ways back from the block. then I drop in the REMFLEX GASKETS and then insert and snug up all the other bolts and then tighten them all down.

Last edited:
I used some cheap *** copper header gaskets on my old motor and I'm gonna re-use 'em on my new motor too!

I've used remflex on cheap headers. The tti's work fine with their headers. Lay the headers in the bay and wire them up. Your gonna wanna sneak the starter in there also.

297B2D73-F956-455B-A79E-8E9AF3814A82.jpeg
BB282088-0639-455C-8E9B-E71CC88E8912.jpeg
580DAA56-5DF6-44FE-BE98-BB551E988A72.jpeg
448D0332-D8A4-4A8A-A4A5-E577A982520F.jpeg
17A478C4-0435-420E-905B-6D796AB7AC15.jpeg
4A1518DE-FE5F-4833-8802-F0BBA69FBAB6.jpeg
This thread got a lot of attention so I figured I’d give it an update. Just about got everything ready to go, except I broke a part on my alternator reassembling it so I gotta take it to a shop down the street to have it repaired. Also got my trans in today 727 super competition from A&A
Rev manual valve body, trans brake, billet drums, all types of goodies. Should have ignition fairly soon.

Looking good.
So are you running this on the track only? Whats track is up your way there?

I’ll cruise it around town to shows and **** no long rides, a lot of track time too. US41 Motorplex is my local track, it’s in Morocco, Indiana

With regard weight

I’ve got a ’67 Coronet that’s at 3840 w/driver

All steel, no fiberglass
Manual brakes(alum master)
Manual steer
Alum head, factory block
Auto tranny
Dana
Rear Sway bar
No front sway bar
Full interior, bucket seat
No head pipes or mufflers
Pulley driven w/p
Alternator
2x3 subframe connectors
6 point chromoly bar
Cragar wheels
No heater
Fuel cell

With regard weight

I’ve got a ’67 Coronet that’s at 3840 w/driver

All steel, no fiberglass
Manual brakes(alum master)
Manual steer
Alum head, factory block
Auto tranny
Dana
Rear Sway bar
No front sway bar
Full interior, bucket seat
No head pipes or mufflers
Pulley driven w/p
Alternator
2x3 subframe connectors
6 point chromoly bar
Cragar wheels
No heater
Fuel cell
Mine should come in close to that, maybe a bit less

4 wheel manual wilwood brake
Dana
Aluminum head
Glass hood
Aluminum driveshaft
6 pt moly bar
No rear seat
No heat
Wipers and all arms removed
Aluminum MC
Fuel cell
4 link (think it weighs about the same as leaf springs)
Wheels weigh next to nothing

Oh damn

You'll be 3,600 range
If i swapped from the Cragars to race alum wheel that would be 62 pounds alone

Oh forgot to add it does have a competition engineering anti roll bar in the rear, subframe connectors and torque boxes from USCT

Oh damn

You'll be 3,600 range
If i swapped from the Cragars to race alum wheel that would be 62 pounds alone
Ya I couldn’t believe how light the street lites are with the tires mounted, the 17x4.5 fronts are light as a feather.

Auto Transport Service
Back