• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New mower

Those aren't mowers, this is a mower:thumbsup:. My days of using the typical mowers are over after using one of these, having the deck out front means your not mowing grass you already knocked down and the thing will go anywhere! Very heavy built, quality greasable flange bearings, heavy deck, the whole thing is built tough and uses a Kubota 3 cylinder diesel. The articulating steering is great too, drive up to a tree and just steer the deck up to the tree. We've got a stump grinder and bucket for it as well, does a surprisingly good job of moving dirt.
440_Steiner_Tractor_with_rotary_mower.jpg

My budget only allows pre 2000 hand me downs that don’t run when I get them lol
Yes they are stupid expensive... I didn't buy it lol. I mowed my yard and my parents for years with my Cub Cudet, dad's yard was almost impossible to mow, steep banks, mud, etc so he eventually bought the Steiner once my mower was done. Now that I've ran it I won't be going back.

Last edited:
Looking at a few new mowers for my yard as well .
Narrowed it down to the John Deer E180 , 330 or the Cub Cadet research shows these will be reliable .
Another question about snow attachments and a gravel driveway plot or blower ?

The smaller JDs, Cub Cadets, Husqvarna and others are only branded units built by Yard Machines/MTD.

My son has a 2003 or so JD X series tractor that has been garage kept and looks new. Then they have a zero turn Toro (24hp I think). Then last month they bought a 4wd Kubota diesel with brush hog, finish mower and a bucket.
Don't know what they will do with all those mowers.

The smaller JDs, Cub Cadets, Husqvarna and others are only branded units built by Yard Machines/MTD.

My son has a 2003 or so JD X series tractor that has been garage kept and looks new. Then they have a zero turn Toro (24hp I think). Then last month they bought a 4wd Kubota diesel with brush hog, finish mower and a bucket.

Last year my nephew spent just over $3200 for a Husqvarna with a 50 " deck,deck supposedly has lifetime warranty,overall tractor is a piece of junk,has had it back for service three times and still has a problem.

The Cub Cadet I bought was right before MTD started making them. I remember going to Lowe's and seeing a Cub Cadet with a bigger deck and engine for less money and was ticked until I started looking it over, everything was built cheaper and lighter. Not sure what you can buy anymore that isn't? I do know that if I owned flat property I'd be buying one of those zero turns.

Several of you liked my post on my newer mower, so here's a picture.
20190425_172503.jpg

Cool, I graduated from Ferris State back in 1971!

I must have taken the crash course. I graduated from Ferris State in '91 after an only 8 hour course. Montreal Protocol, if you are savvy. :lol:

Last year my nephew spent just over $3200 for a Husqvarna with a 50 " deck,deck supposedly has lifetime warranty,overall tractor is a piece of junk,has had it back for service three times and still has a problem.

I bought the same unit, with the fab deck for my moms place...… not impressed, and the blades come way too close to the deck edge so be real careful with that one.

I have been thinking about getting a zero turn. I have a **** ton of trees to deal with. The only thing that makes me hesitant is that they can't push snow.
Keep your snow pushing mower for the winter snow. Zero turn mowers do great around trees.

In defense of my Husky: it was built by 2 men in Sweden, has a round steel tube frame, rear drive, rear steer, and it is articulated. I can have the front deck standing on edge in 15 seconds for cleaning/ blade service and the machine only has 1 grease zerk to lube. B&S Vanguard engine with approx. 600 hours so far.
Mike

have never owned a zero turn had large tractor for mowing fields and a lawn tractor I do not mow what I used to several years ago I got a Troy Bilt 33 inch walk behind it has been very good but now since I was injured my boys do all the mowing :lol:

First mow with the hand me down John Deere yesterday and it was flawless. Nice cut and very impressed with the turning radius. Made quick work of my measly 1 acre

Auto Transport Service
Back