• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Project, need some opinions

benno440

Local time
1:28 PM
Reaction score
Hi All, been a while.

found a 68 charger project here in aus, need some opinions, guy wants $10,500.00 for it.
complete car, needs windscreen, all 4 panels fixed, floors have only surface rust on the inside, chassis perfect.
318 auto car with p/steer, aircon.

but you know me it will be one wild ride so all the factory stuff wont be needed.

let me know if you think I should, there is no others for sale and has not been for a while, the last one that was needed more work and sold for double it.
20160405_172900.jpg
20160405_172800.jpg
20160405_172943.jpg
20160405_173320.jpg

Hey Benno . . . you know your market in your area . . . sounds like the price is okay ( I think it's a bit high ) but if the car is solid, that's a great starting point.

Can't wait to see you back on the forum posting updates of your project - your last car was a BEAUTY ! ! ! This one will probably be even better ! ! !

Aussie dollar prices mean absolutely nothing Stateside....the market is completely different, and value contains hidden items such as shipping, customs duty, scarcity outside of USA etc.
Price sounds fair to me if the majority of the car is complete. A '68 car in similar (maybe slightly worse actually) sold over the weekend here in Kiwiland for $18k+

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=1054493397

Charger TM.jpg

Charger TM 2.jpg

Charger TM 3.jpg

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder (another one for Kern Dog) and just remember not to over-capitalise on the overall finished product. :)
Whatever you decide, I'm sure it will work....your last car was a pearler. :headbang:

Last edited:
wow that is way worse than this one, thanks guys I just bought it for 10k. will be a while before I can make a start on it, but at least I have it

- - - Updated - - -

oh just notice that it is a R/t, that's a pretty good price then as this one isn't.

Congrats Benno on the new score/project
slim picken' makes it hard to value, doesn't seem like a really bad price
I've seen far worse, sell for far more here too
68's - 70's Chargers have gone ballistic in recent years

looks like it had California black yellow Plates

I do love 68 Chargers

I'll be looking for a Pro-Touring/Resto-Mod thread build too
I loved the Bada$$ Blue Charger you had before

good luck

I know a guy in Sacramento who would have broke his ...SOMETHING... paying 10.5 for that car!!!!

I know a guy in Sacramento who would have broke his ...SOMETHING... paying 10.5 for that car!!!!

? too much? it is a decent price here.

- - - Updated - - -

Congrats Benno on the new score/project
slim picken' makes it hard to value, doesn't seem like a really bad price
I've seen far worse, sell for far more here too
68's - 70's Chargers have gone ballistic in recent years

looks like it had California black yellow Plates

I do love 68 Chargers

I'll be looking for a Pro-Touring/Resto-Mod thread build too
I loved the Bada$$ Blue Charger you had before

good luck

thanks Bud, it will be a while before i can start on this, money permitting, i have to buy a house, holiday, and build a camper trailer all first, but at least i have one sitting ready to go. like i said everything is complete, never been touched ever and everything is still in it's place.

Jump on it like a kangaroo ..you have a great buy there ..man I would love find a 68 like that here for 10 grand U.S. or your money would be even better.. grab it

I don't think Darius meant too much I think he meant decent shape 68 Chargers for that fair of a price are hard to find ANYWHERE!!

Congrats on the new car brother can't wait to see you do your thing with it!

Auto Transport Service
Back