• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New to the forum

Ladysmith Bob

Local time
5:02 AM
Reaction score
IMG_0211.jpg
Would just like to give a little bit of background and explain why I have entered into this discussion group. 66 years old with physical abilities on the decline but a hard core street racer from the late 60's and early 70's with a 67 GTX that I bought new in late 68. Transplanted a max wedge into it in about 1972 (owned a speed shop at that time so parts were on hand) and over the next 10 years it saw very little action( driving suspensions, marriage, family,mortgage ,divorce, starting over from economic wasteland of late 70's early 80's so I sold it in 1983 - bought the motor back in late 90's minus flat top cross, with the intention of building a 69 dart. I now realize that my safety and the safety of the public in general would be best served if I did not do a build so I have decided to avoid temptation and sell it. I know what I have is the real deal because it is 029-1 block,395 rods,1.88 exhaust valves but what I would like help with is the stamping pad,it doesn't conform to others. I will upload photo and if anyone can help I would much appreciate it. Ladysmith Bob

welcome to the site Bob! sorry i can't help you with the decode, but i'm sure others will.

Bob you found the best site on the net to discuss and dissect b bodies. Welcome to the forum.

Welcome. Pics of car?

Welcome from Canada, not a big max wedge expert, the only thing I recognize is the malteze cross. I believe that just meant under sized crank from factory. Sorry to hear of your health issues, my prayers go out to you. Sweet lookin GTX!

Welcome to FBBO from NorCal

Cool 67 GTX

I'd suggest posting a similar question in the
General discussion forum section, far more viewership...

I don't recognize some of it, looks like some extra #'s/stamped too
I wouldn't want to steer you in the wrong direction...

www.AllPar.com & www.MyMopar.com both have some
great write-ups on MW engines & on decoding
some actually have decoders too

www.MaxWedge.com was a decent source of info too, has a vin decoder & tech section

www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.com tech sections too

sorry I could be of more help, good luck

Welcome. 63 yo here and on the skids. Got a picture of the LadySmith?

Auto Transport Service
Back