• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Newer master cylinder/booster

Habib

Local time
6:15 PM
Reaction score
Ive seen newer master cylinders on older mopars but if you went to the junkyard got a whole power brake setup could u make it work I don't mind customizing a bit and what would be the best vehicle to get it out of jeep a truck any rwd Chrysler pretty much?

I wish you'd get some responses. I have the same question.

Having just redone the Power Disc brakes on my 1970 roadrunner which I had recently purchased. Car came with them as an option, but car had probably sat for a few years. I had to replace Master Cylinder with new (sticking), still need to test booster. Replace all brake lines and hose for front. Replaced both calipers (passenger side stuck), replace 3 valve set (distribution T/safety switch; Front Meter block and rear proportioner). Rebuild kits depending on the Master Cylinder are not easy to come by, your going to pay $120 and up to have the booster rebuilt. So my thoughts are, unless you have a numbers matching car you are try to add an upgrade too, your better off going with a new MC/Booster and adding it, vice rebuilding a junkyard piece. The cost of new, might even be cheaper. Just my 2 cents. G

I would agree with Dragon. Old mopar parts in the junkyards here in Maine are few and far between. They're around but but the time you find them, pull them out or have them do it, rebuilt, you're much better off buying the setup brand new. That way you know what you have! Currently I'm in the middle of going to manual setup. I don't have tons of vacuum so a power setup without a vacuum booster isn't going to do me any good. If I don't like the setup or it doesn't work as I expect, I'll will be going the route below..

I have spoken with this guy (Wayne) on the phone a couple of time re: brakes and setups. Very knowledgable. I haven't purchased anything from him yet but his product seems really high end. He has YouTube videos out there too. If I recall, the booster and master cylinder shipped to your door was under $500. That's pricey but at least you know it's good and will stop you.

http://theramman.com

Good luck, hope it helps a little..

Auto Transport Service
Back