• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NFL Is Here!!! Let The Smack Commence!

Packer game was fixed,too many weird things happened in that game.Vegas had the hawks over the pack by 5 1/2 and hmmm beat the pack by 6 points.
I'm guessing that you're kidding, cause if that game was fixed most of the Packers were in on it. McCarthy started out conservative then when they got what they thought was a comfortable lead, he went really conservative and took all the momentum away from the Pack. Their defense is usually good enough to ride a lead to the end of the game, but the Hawks caught a few breaks and lit it up in the last 4 minutes. The Packers are my 2nd favorite team, and I cheered like hell for them when they took out the Cowboys. I also like that the Packers are owned by the fans.

Why would Morgan Bernett go to the ground with open field ahead after that pick with 5 minutes left.If he kept on going I am seeing FG range.Why did that pack DB just stand there and let them catch that TD pass toward the end,pass was in the air forever and could have been easily knocked down.Why run run run and not go for a 1st down.Why only rush 3 when the 1st 3.5 quarters they were on Wilson like stink on ****.Something just aint right there.

No the Pack were playing it to safe and didn't finish!

Exactly. The chain of events that had to go unbroken for Seattle to be able to win was long. All the Packers had to do was disrupt one thing in that chain and they would have won. Yet, they just couldn't stop it from happening. No one would believe it if your wrote it in a script. What a collapse - all from playing not to lose rather than playing to win.

That was brutal for us Packer fans. Like guard Josh Sitton said today, I would have rather that they not even be in the playoffs than lose like that. The Colts fans had it better than we did yesterday - that kind of a loss is easier to accept, I think. Ugh. At least Russell Wilson is a good guy - I'm happy for him.

Buckley: Deflategate overinflated. Bad football, not bad footballs, doomed Indy.

HERE WE GO AGAIN: Legarrette Blount dominated the colts in a 45-7 victory in the AFC championship, but once again the Patriots find themselves mired in controversy. The team has been accused of deflating footballs in order to gain a competitive advantage.

You need to be on your toes when you coach against the New England Patriots.

You need to be aware that secret cameras are everywhere. Because they are!

You need to be mindful of eligible receivers who look like they aren’t. Because they might be! Or, um, might not be!

As well as ineligible receivers who look like they are. Because, well, see above!

And now, a new one: You just never know when the Patriots are going to be using footballs that are as deflated as the Indianapolis Colts’ chances of winning the Super Bowl.

At issue here is an investigation by the National Football League over the possibility that the Patriots finessed deflated footballs onto the field during their 45-7 victory over the Colts in the American Football Conference championship game Sunday night at Gillette Stadium. The news was first reported by Bob Kravitz, a longtime Indy columnist now writing for WTHR.com, and it’s only natural to conclude that the source here was somebody with the Colts.

It’s not like Pats owner Robert Kraft pulled Kravitz into the tunnel and said, “Listen, you didn’t get this from me, but ...”

Which begs the very obvious question: When your team has just crawled out from under a playoff beatdown of epic, stop-the-presses proportions, do you really want to be dropping dimes to the local sports pundit about deflated footballs?

For those of you who aren’t gridiron zealots, it’s generally understood that footballs that are slightly deflated are easier to throw, and to catch. I won’t even bother with an attempt to break down exactly how the bad-boy footballs could be eased into the game when the Patriots were on offense, to say nothing of the fact that New England’s running game was so proficient that LeGarrette Blount rushed for 148 yards on 30 carries, scoring three touchdowns.

In other words, it wasn’t deflated footballs that doomed the Colts. They were badly outplayed is what happened. As for Colts quarterback Andrew Luck, never mind inflated/deflated footballs. He looked at times like he was throwing bowling bowls — the 16-pound Columbia Throw Down Special.

If I’m Colts owner Jim Irsay, I’m working to root out this rogue employee who has embarrassed the organization with this petty claim.

Then again, if I’m a Colts employee I’m wondering if the guy who owns my team has one less dime in his pocket this morning ... you know?

And if you’re wondering why the Colts would pull this stunt, it’s because the Patriots are easy pickings. Pats coach Bill Belichick has already had one well-chronicled brush with the NFL law over bending the rules, what with having to pay a fine and forfeit a first-round draft pick over the infamous Spygate episode of 2007.

That’s a line from Belichick’s resume that’s never going to get erased. As recently as a couple of weeks ago, 85-year-old Hall of Fame coach Don Shula referred to New England’s coach as “Belicheat.”

If a report surfaced with the claim Belichick once stole the other team’s mascot back when he was playing lacrosse at Wesleyan, people would believe it. To quote the man himself, it is what it is.

And that’s the end game here for Jim Irsay’s Indianapolis Colts: As they go back to the drawing board, they gain the grim satisfaction of knowing that the Patriots are going back to the Super Bowl ... but with another scandal being stashed into the overhead bin for the charter flight to Arizona.

Who knows? Maybe the Colts are on to something here. There may even be another fine, or another forfeited draft pick, looming for Belichick and the Pats. If it plays out that way, would anyone be shocked?

Either way, it must be awful to be a Colts fan today. Your team gets croaked in the AFC title game, and you’re being asked to believe it wasn’t bad football ... but bad footballs.

Buckley: Deflategate overinflated | Boston Herald

A football team has three main components....offense, defense, and special teams.

The Packers may have won the offensive and defensive battles, but our special teams won the war and our offense sealed the deal in overtime.

Fake field goal.........................special teams
Two-point conversion...............special teams
On-side kick and recovery.........special teams again.....

This was the difference in the game.

The NFL at it's best...LOL

I like Hall Of Famer Don Shula's quote Bilacheat !!

can't say I was shocked either, win a big game at all costs
kind of status quo

Even if it is petty crap, it's against the rules/stretching the interpretation at a minimum,
Pats especially under Bilacheat are already known for doing that sort of stuff,
winning that game & going to the Super Bowl, is worth far more for a franchise,
than a draft pick or some lame fines, that's peanuts for a billion $$$$'s franchise,
that the owner paid the fines for them, that's nothing a mere petty penitence,
compared to going to the Super Bowl...

Once a cheat always a cheater...LOL {that's for RC}

BUT It's allot of "to-do" over mostly nothing...
{have I said how much I dislike Tom Brady ?, Bilacheat & the Patriots...LOL :icon_fU: }

I remember when Raiders Hall of Famer, Ray Guy
was accused of "allegedly" putting Helium in the footballs, for an edge for longer punts,
it was actually tested even, proved to be of absolutely no benefit, at all, there's
not enough Helium to make any difference even "if" it was true, which it wasn't...
IIRC, I believe it was the Patriots that filed that complaint also...

I remember all the teams/sports broadcasters coming to Oakland & accusing old Al Davis {RIP},
{the stadium is under sea level, built on fill & gets soft at high tide, everyday}
they even were accused of turning the water on, to flood the field & make it muddy, for an advantage...
That is & was stupid, it would hurt the Raiders just as bad...LOL

There's a sign or use to be over the Raiders locker room door,
rule #1 cheating is encouraged when ever possible !!
rule #2 when in doubt, refer to rule #1
or something along those lines,
they embraced that stigma & that role, they've been thrust into,
Just play hard, play tough, be an animal, be the bullies...

That was petty crap then, this is more petty crap now...

The Pats coaching assistants cheating,
filming while the opponents teams play signals, actual plays & walk-thru's or practice sessions,
for several or "allegedly" {we didn't get to see the evidence}
but it was proved to be multitudes of the previous Patriots opponents &
also in that 2001 Super Bowl & many other regular seasons & playoff games,
"allegedly" for years {Under Bilacheat}, most notably confirmed & documented,
then punished for the filming games in the 2000 season games with the Jets & Miami {IIRC}
but most notably the 2001 Pats & Rams Super Bowl...
IIRC, Punished {really weak punishments} fined some 5 years later...
When the person paid to do the filming, told his side of the story...
Every edge they can get, rules be damned... status quo

Where there's smoke there's usually fire, I'm just saying...LOL

Even if they're the dominant team,
IMHFO they would do anything to make sure they go to the big game...
It's just "History repeating itself", nothing new really...

Pat's haven't won a Super Bowl since,
after those previous cheating sanctions either,
losing to the Giants twice...
{have I said how much I dislike all the Manning's too ??...LOL}

It's amazing how much press this story is getting. It's still the second or third story in the national media. I'm sure that the SB will played under intense scrutiny after all the media attention this story has received. Even though the Pats may win the game fair & square, there's always going to be a slight odor to the win in a lot of peoples minds. It's just the way it is.

I like Hall Of Famer Don Shula's quote Bilacheat !!

can't say I was shocked either, win a big game at all costs
kind of status quo

Even if it is petty crap, it's against the rules/stretching the interpretation at a minimum,
Pats especially under Bilacheat are already known for doing that sort of stuff,
winning that game & going to the Super Bowl, is worth far more for a franchise,
than a draft pick or some lame fines, that's peanuts for a billion $$$$'s franchise,
that the owner paid the fines for them, that's nothing a mere petty penitence,
compared to going to the Super Bowl...

Once a cheat always a cheater...LOL {that's for RC}

BUT It's allot of "to-do" over mostly nothing...
{have I said how much I dislike Tom Brady ?, Bilacheat & the Patriots...LOL :icon_fU: }

I remember when Raiders Hall of Famer, Ray Guy
was accused of "allegedly" putting Helium in the footballs, for an edge for longer punts,
it was actually tested even, proved to be of absolutely no benefit, at all, there's
not enough Helium to make any difference even "if" it was true, which it wasn't...
IIRC, I believe it was the Patriots that filed that complaint also...

I remember all the teams/sports broadcasters coming to Oakland & accusing old Al Davis {RIP},
{the stadium is under sea level, built on fill & gets soft at high tide, everyday}
they even were accused of turning the water on, to flood the field & make it muddy, for an advantage...
That is & was stupid, it would hurt the Raiders just as bad...LOL

There's a sign or use to be over the Raiders locker room door,
rule #1 cheating is encouraged when ever possible !!
rule #2 when in doubt, refer to rule #1
or something along those lines,
they embraced that stigma & that role, they've been thrust into,
Just play hard, play tough, be an animal, be the bullies...

That was petty crap then, this is more petty crap now...

The Pats coaching assistants cheating,
filming while the opponents teams play signals, actual plays & walk-thru's or practice sessions,
for several or "allegedly" {we didn't get to see the evidence}
but it was proved to be multitudes of the previous Patriots opponents &
also in that 2001 Super Bowl & many other regular seasons & playoff games,
"allegedly" for years {Under Bilacheat}, most notably confirmed & documented,
then punished for the filming games in the 2000 season games with the Jets & Miami {IIRC}
but most notably the 2001 Pats & Rams Super Bowl...
IIRC, Punished {really weak punishments} fined some 5 years later...
When the person paid to do the filming, told his side of the story...
Every edge they can get, rules be damned... status quo

Where there's smoke there's usually fire, I'm just saying...LOL

Even if they're the dominant team,
IMHFO they would do anything to make sure they go to the big game...
It's just "History repeating itself", nothing new really...

Pat's haven't won a Super Bowl since,
after those previous cheating sanctions either,
losing to the Giants twice...
{have I said how much I dislike all the Manning's too ??...LOL}

no

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!! waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!, snivel snivel waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa !!

Untitled.jpg

I hope Tommy gives that Chevy to Butler.

That kid was the rightful MVP.

Yay Pats!!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back