• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NMCA

Endangered Species

Local time
5:16 PM
Reaction score
So I watched the NMCA race in Florida this weekend.
I can't believe they ran 17 classes through today. and looking at their web 17 is a light weekend.
I have to give them credit, they were calling the finals around 5pm this after noon.

But isn't 17 or 18 classes a little much?

18 if you count True Street. Plus bracket racing classes as well. A few classes that are very similar. Some have very few entries. Street Outlaw had 3. Manufactures are looking for exposure. So you see late Hemi class had over 60. A few LS classes as well. There were 18 in N/SS with 1 that broke before qualifying. Congrats to Brent Wheeler on his win over Mike Davis. The stripe margin was .0004.
Doug

Last edited:
I saw that..... It was close. I had a feeling that GTO was going to make it to the finals. He just seemed to be on the number or just flat *** lucky all day.
And I really like Wheelers Coronet... nice car.
Great racing!

Sometimes you work really hard, you're really good, and you lose. Sometimes it's just your day. Wins all count the same.
Doug

They do a great job moving the program along. When we go to the NMCA/NMRA combo races there are even more classes. They typically try to run round one on Saturday evening at those events.
I just about screwed that one up... I am grateful it went our way.

Congratulations Mr. Wheeler, Great job!

You're not wrong... NMCA really impressed me, they kept the program moving that's for sure.

Auto Transport Service
Back