• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No white Christmas here

Might have jinxed myself... snow fog.
20231223_165939.jpg
20231223_165945.jpg

Keep that **** up north...

we had a couple dustings here,
don't know about Christmas day or not yet
I hope not, just makes it worse

we've got plenty of rain
I'd like to keep it that way
I have no back problems with rain, compared to when it snows
&
Me taking care of an 87 y/o that can't balance very well on ice & snow
or let alone drive very well for that matter...

Keep that Devils Dandruff up north or back northeast,
where it belongs

At 5100 ft elevation, one would think I would have snow here but not!!! The Eastern slope of the Sierra though does have quite a bit of snow on top which I can see daily if not low clouds and overcast like today. The worst weather so far was yesterday as I woke to what is known as Ice Fog and Zero Zero visibility. Burned off around 10:30 and a really bright sun for the rest of the day. That is good for my now up-and-running Solar Batter backup system which came online on Wednesday so now when the power goes out, I can still function and support my health needs...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::usflag::usflag::usflag:
I'd be interested to know what such a system is capable of - and how much it cost?

You need to get up north closer to Canada border to see even a trace of snow in Minnesota. Which is ok with me. Snow means labor for my aging bones. Besides, the longer real Winter is pushed off? Typically the sooner Spring begins.

Well looks like it's holding out long enough for Santa to use the runway! Merry Christmas from our house to yours!
20231224_120053.jpg
20231224_113903.jpg

My son lives 75 miles away, near Sarnia, Ontario. Midway between my place and his is a serious snow belt, put in place by "lake effect" winds and snow, making many Christmas time trips to his home quite treacherous. Because of his work schedule, we had an early Christmas celebration there yesterday. On the way home at night, we encountered dangerous weather again; Fog! I think I prefer snow to this.

71 today and beautiful outside. I do miss a white Christmas but not all the other crap that comes along with it.

No chance of snow here. I got to cruise around with the top down last night and look at christmas lights. So its trade off.

Well, I posted up about my location and where the snow is, and all that changed overnight last night...I WOKE TO A WHITE CHRISTMAS!!! Suprise Suprise!!! It was just a dusting and will soon be gone, but the mere fact that there was snow on the ground, made this day all the more as it should be...So Merry Christmas y'all...cr8crshr/Bill:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

1c22bedf73ee4421207be28e2aa5945c.jpg

Last edited:
Just hit 50 here with clouds and sun... Got to go unload a truck load of firewood I split on Thursday before 2 days of rain hits here....

It was beautiful Christmas day here yesterday 55 and sunny with hardly any wind. About 20 degrees above normal.
This is normally our cloudiest month of the year.

About 10 degrees C. (50 F.) and medium fog for Christmas Day in Southern Ontario.

Auto Transport Service
Back