• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

North California Fires

ws23jrt

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:31 AM
Reaction score
I feel for our members that live in this area. It is natural to empathize with someone you know that may feel hurt in a tough time.

My longtime girlfriend lives there. She connected with me today to set me at ease. She is packed and ready to move. The fire is one mile away and the sky is very dark with smoke and embers.
I feel a strong need to drive there to help her but that is just not what will help her now. She is independent and resourceful.

I have lots of stuff to say about California and can go on and on about it. In this case, I am nervous and hurting for a dear friend that may be in panic. Her nature is to put me at ease by her call to me. It helps a bit.

Last edited:
The wife has a Aunt in Anaheim and cousins in the foot hills. She will be checkin on them also. Authorities have been moving people out. That is about all they can do.

It’s bad in NorCal and people have died which makes the property loss seem almost insignificant. All of that can be replaced. The lives can not. It’s also burning up in SoCal. Many homes have been destroyed - I don’t believe any lives have been lost down here yet. Hopefully none will be. CA is a very CAT prone state with the earthquakes, floods and fires along with other various weather related catastrophes. For all the faults the state may have there are millions of ordinary people that live here that are in need of your prayers much the same as Florida and Texas residents. We’re all just people.

Brutal in Sonoma and the region. Imagine hearing get out, and having to run with no time. Very little warning. I told Linda, if it happens while I'm at work get the 44 and save the Coronet.

My brother lives outside of Willits in Mendocino County. One fire was 25 miles south of him last night. He still had power and internet last night but no internet today. No phone service since some time earlier yesterday. He doesn’t have a cell phone. Finally heard from him this afternoon from the Willits library internet. The wind is favorable for him. He has a lot of friends in Santa Rosa. That town is devastated. The Weather Channel has been broadcasting from there showing the devastation. I heard this may have been arson.

Last edited:
I'm about 30min away.. Our city is so smoked out.. The air quality is really poor..

I hope it doesn’t get to you, csx.

have a few friend in the wake of that fire , just hope their safe . we can rebuild , as long as their live .

My kid sister has fires 20 north and south of her home near Occidental. They moved to get away from the northern Napa fires last year!
Mike

I hope everyone stays out of harm's way...I'm in the central valley, a couple hundred miles at least from northern and southern cal...and the smoke is already here. We get wildfires every year but these fires are burning in very populated territory, prayers are with you all

I'm about 30min away.. Our city is so smoked out.. The air quality is really poor..

Yeah, well you should see it from the other side of the hump in Reno, looks like I'm in the LA basin. I was talking to my brother about this last night, it sure seems that CA. does a piss poor management of how they handle their fires.
We had a couple fire near here and could have threatened my brothers house, but they handled it very well, Ca. on the other hand has all these fighters on the ground and they can't accomplish anything, don't see **** about the fire bombers, don't see them on TV, where the F are they, grounded because of smoke? WTF? As it slowly it sinks into the abyss with budget problems, it's now going all up in smoke. I really have to wonder how many displaced people will say **** it, I've had enough of this **** and move out, making CA. even worse with it's own created problems?

Praying for them all, heard the story about the couple that had been married for 75 yrs. Pretty sad.
We had our floods which was pretty devastating but i think fire is worse.
A few years ago we had massive forest fires in Bastrop and Magnolia, the scars are still there, its unbelievable.
Hope all of our friends stay safe!

Last edited:
I used to live in Vacaville which is right in the middle of a lot of this mess. Green Valley is a short hope from there so I do know how severe this really is. Played numerous rounds of Golf over in Napa and Callistoga. Now here's something I picked up online from the Vacaville Reporter this morning over coffee...Seems that there were numerous 911 calls as will as calls to PG&E about sparking power lines and exploding transformers because of the high winds, The speculation is that about 10 of the fires was a direct result of that. PG&E is as I see it to blame as they are a very screwed power company and can never get anything right except to continually raise gas and electric rates for their Union golden retirement parachutes. I feel for all I left behind when I moved to Nevada but I still am effected by what the hell happens and takes place back there in that FOOKED UP State. You reap what you sow and the continual building in areas, that really shouldn't be developed in the first place, along with the lack of sustainable water and infrastructure, and very screwed up politics, to me is a message of payback. Sorry but it is what it is and until they get their act together, they will continue to spread the BS even here in Nevada. The smoke today has totally blocked out my view of the Eastern Sierras and the Previne Mountains that are part of my vista views out my back door. Yes I too have had some fire threat here where my home is. But the responses to them have been very quick and thorough. Just really a sad commentary IMHFO...cr8crshr:usflag::usflag::usflag:

I have family here in Santa Rosa, Rohnert Park & surrounding areas
a couple were evacuated, fortunately their places was spared
a couple houses over & down, a few others were burned to the ground
the firefighters all have their hands full
Sparks were carried a ways by the wind "allegedly"

Hope for safety for the 1st responders

thank goodness the majority was north & east of them all

it will be some time to rebuild

For all the heartless lowlifes/douchebags with negative BS
we still bleed & we still suffer, most of US, we are still American,
some of US more than others
just like any other places, that suffers disaster...
Yes;
We do have a messed up state elected govt. &
a total Douchebag Gov. Moonbeam, 2 fucked up Senators
but most the state is good hard working people,
maybe 75x75 square miles is the Libtards wonderland in the bay area
or the I-80 corridor & another 75x75 square miles in the southland
the rest still, that deserve your well wishes, keep them in your thoughts
& even prayers...
This is a huge state, 75% - 80% of the mass,
of it is rural & has good hard working patriotic people...
Unfortunately it burns often too...

PS
I see Douchebag Moonbeam ran to Pres. Trump pleading for disaster help,
freaken' hypocrite Liberal
I hope Pres. Trump played hardball with that liberal douchebag too...
Some of US stay & fight some run...

Last edited:
Yeah - there’s a few self righteous, self serving knuckleheads on this site that continue to criticize CA as if they are holier than thou. There are good hardworking people in the majority of the state and many in need right now. Those that are critical act like everything is perfect in the areas where they live and respond without a heart or a brain.

freaken' hypocrite Liberal....BUT he can sure as hell scrounge up money to waste on a ******* train to nowhere!
Some of US stay & fight some run... AGREE!!!!!

Trump chose the high ground and did like he has been doing....Americans/people first, politics later!

Yeah - there’s a few self righteous, self serving knuckleheads on this site that continue to criticize CA as if they are holier than thou. There are good hardworking people in the majority of the state and many in need right now. Those that are critical act like everything is perfect in the areas where they live and respond without a heart or a brain.

I don't think it's righteous at all with maybe what I have said. Criticizing CA at this present time really is warranted. And I wasn't trying to lay blame on the State for these disasters at all. Terrible what has happened. I just got off the phone with a very good friend of mine in Vacaville. He told be that the Silverado Country Club...played many a round of Golf there...has burned down, Silverado Trail is closed, the fire is now in the Lake Berryessa area moving northwest, parts of Fairfield are advised to vacate, and so much more. I spent over 27years in the USAF at Travis AFB and I still have deep roots and very close friends there. We talk about the State all the time. As for perfect in the place I am now? Well nothing is ever perfect regardless of ones local. But it sure is a damn site better on the ol' wallet then when I was a resident of that State. I guess it is what one regards as a heart and a brain when they respond. I have both plus a hell of a lot of empathy, sadness and concern for everyone effected but this horrific tragedy. Believe me when I say thais that if things were better there, I would still be there in a heartbeat as it will always be to me the most pristine and beautiful state I have ever had the privilege:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: to reside in...cr8crshr/Tuck :usflag::usflag::usflag:

freaken' hypocrite Liberal....BUT he can sure as hell scrounge up money to waste on a ******* train to nowhere!
Some of US stay & fight some run... AGREE!!!!!

Trump chose the high ground and did like he has been doing....Americans/people first, politics later!
Me too Darius. He is the most hypocritical *** hole Gov I have ever seen...cr8crshr/Tuck:usflag::usflag::usflag:

My brother was camping at Lake Berryessa this past weekend. He was telling me that there's just one road into and out of the canyon and he would have been trapped if the fire closed that road. He got there Friday and left Monday. He didn't even know about the fires till he got out of the canyon, no cell or internet service. He didn't smell any smoke though, so any fire was probably still too far away.

Auto Transport Service
Back