• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not the official weather thread.....

Hot all day, wanted to finish painting the deck but it was just to hot, in the shade! Then this unknown T-boomer pops up and gave up an afternoon cooling rain. Hot all weekend, the squash are diggin it!

33C here and well into the 2nd week. Just finished using the firepump to wet our end of the island down for the third day on a row.

93 here today, but a front just came through with heavy rain for a short time. Glad to have it because it’s been dry, plus, it’s washing the pollen away. For now.

Going to be in the mid 50s on Saturday.

6/2/23 81* today very low humidity like 45%
nice day warmest in a while now

been a cool couple weeks here, low to mid 60's
lil' more humidity like 55%

hell they are still clearing snow in some areas
35'-50' was the peak at the passes

lots of snow runoff
hopefully, our dumbasses in office, hold some back
for good measures
(I know they won't, Libiots)
lots of grasses grown, green everywhere
most years 7 of 10, it's brown up here by now & 90*+

supposed to be 'another wet' El Nino year here too
hope not as brutal winter, that was nucken' futs

A couple ridges over like 35-50 miles by the crow flies south
much of Yosemite was closed, park was worried about flooding
& lack of access to much of the park

late spring around here, we had a couple warm day in April
then it cools down again, for 30+ days,
mostly sunny, occasional clouds, just cool especially at night

Love it, when it's actual spring weather & clear skies

93 here today, but a front just came through with heavy rain for a short time. Glad to have it because it’s been dry, plus, it’s washing the pollen away. For now.

Going to be in the mid 50s on Saturday.
It's about to rain here...need it bad.

96 here today. Chance of spotty showers tomorrow afternoon then hardly anything for the next ten days. Dry with grass going dormant and starting to brown. 5" deficit so far this year. Now back to the local news. :blah:

Only a few wet spots. You must be getting some now or soon.

We were talking about the El Nino weather current across North America here a couple of weeks ago. We are setting records for current rainfall in May and now in June.

Now the weather guessers are saying chance of rain late today.....been awhile since the last rain that mattered. Also been in the low 90's past couple of days and is already 86 with very little breeze.

Rain, rain and more rain. A high of 54 today. You have to understand Colorado Springs is considered a semi-arid climate. Our humidity is ridiculously low. Visitors complain of cracked skin and irritated dry eyes. Not to mention the altitude sickness. Everything is greener than I ever remember. The Aspen trees have finally leafed out. Lucky for me I put some grass seed down about 3 weeks ago. I know you are supposed to keep the seed damp so it can germinate but I never wanted to spend all the money to keep the sprinklers on that much. I noticed the grass is starting to show up. Yay!

As always visitors from FBBO are welcome here. I have lots of extra room. It's a great place to escape the summer heat. Not to say the sun can't be hot in the summer, but because I live at 7500' above sea level the thin air doesn't retain the heat. That's why evenings or rainy days are so cool compared to lower elevations.

Last edited:
String of great weather here in Western PA. Sunny all week,Friday and Saturday hi of 90 . Today is very pleasant, 78 and sunny with a nice breeze.
Think I'll go for a ride..

The sun is a pinkish-orange now from the Halifax smoke.

IMG_2605.jpeg

Haven't seen the sun clearly for smoke in 6+ days. This was the moon the other night. Whole new meaning to the Strawberry moon...
20230603_012743.jpg

It's been a blanket over us all day today. Visibility is about 1/4 mile. Smells like Iraq...

Three weeks ago this was the view from the bedroom. Then the smoke was so thick it made you cough. Finally, last night we got rain. Glorious rain.
A lot of families lost everything. This was a serious kick in the balls to my small town that had over 400 hundred houses destroyed or damaged in the worst flood in territory history exactly a year ago.
IMG_2095.jpeg

Almost two weeks of Ozone alerts here.....only got a little bit of rain during Saturday night and the weather guessers have been predicting thunder storms since Saturday. It's been all around but so far most of it is missing my area and the SE breeze hasn't been active much at all. Also hearing there's a burn ban for many areas around here even though we have had some rain.

45*-50*s & raining off & on, 75%+ humidity
thunder clouds & cool/cold winds
so much for global warming BS :jackoff:

very rare for these parts, been cool for this time of year,
usually 90*+ 25% humidity, dry & hot, from mid-May to Sept.
even up here

This was the valley I was working in.. Ended up with a sore throat…I drove about a 1/2 mile away to take the photo of what I was working in. What a FN mess.

475D0844-1FB2-4A38-B286-7C1ECA44DEED.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back