So today I went to Fastenal, or should I say Orderitall, to pick up my anchor so the lift guy could do his thing tomorrow. Well, they had the 1/2" anchors, that I needed 4 of, in a box of 50, so I said screw it, I'll take them. They only had one box of 20 and I needed 48, so I had to order the rest. Figure I'll see if the lift guy wants the extras.
Next, I went to the rental place and got a scissors lift with trailer for the evening, 130 bucks plus tax.
I brought the lift home and I moved all the cars out and unloaded the lift. My friend Neil came over early afternoon, and we got started. First on the agenda was putting the cross bar on top of the last lift. We put it on the lift and raised it up to where it needed to go. It was way too heavy to lift on an 8 ft ladder and it is about 8 in higher than the other racks. We had to adjust the towers angles and distances, and finally got it done. We put all the hardware in loosely on all the racks til they are leveled and anchored.
After that, we started running the electric to the racks. We had ran 12/3 to the racks and we were running it from the boxes down to the racks. We bought flexible conduit to run the wire in down to the racks from the boxes and it took about an hour to get the wire pulled through that 1/2" conduit. It sucked. We got the wires connected in the box for the first 2 racks and routed them down to the racks. I pulled the cover off and we were very confused. There were only 2 wires there, not 3. Turns out that lifts only use the red and black wires of the 220, the white wire isn't used, so we didn't need 12/3, we just needed 12/2. So the other 3 racks are all 12/2 now. Sheesh. Hope this helps someone else down the road.
End of the night, all the racks are powered up and functional. Good day of work. The dyno rack is just hooked up temporarily, and it will be permanently wired up when we wire in the aux panel box.
Well ****, I take pictures and then go to post them and they aren't there. I hate this phone. Pics tomorrow.