• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Off to the body & paint shop today

A couple of updated pictures from today. Should be painted in a couple of weeks.

PXL_20201002_120158611.jpg

PXL_20201002_120209341.jpg

PXL_20201002_120536070.jpg
PXL_20201002_120536070.jpg

PXL_20201002_121518429.MP.jpg

PXL_20201002_121527983.jpg

PXL_20201002_120542164.jpg

Last edited:
I venture to guess this will not be listed in the $10, 000 or less paint job thread.

Can't wait to see the results.

Did they have any rot or serious body work or just dings?

Used all metal in those weld joint's praying they will hold up. But used the solider on the A pillars where the upper cowl goes on them. Bought it form east wood it was easy to work with. Not a dangerous as lead. Good job looking good.
Our Charger had a custom paint job done in 1984 or earlier. They put bondo over lead. It had nice lumps in the seams. Lead and and everything else was removed. Now the car has those welded, and cowl area reinforced. He has done the same thing on most others. One car has been at the track a lot. Everything is holding up well.

Did they have any rot or serious body work or just dings?

The car had the typical rust/rot in the rear window channel that was very poorly repaired by a previous owner. A couple pinholes were found in the bottom of the rear quarters behind the wheels & there was minor damage from a previous mishap in front of the left rear wheelwell that needed to be addressed. Other than that, there were only a bunch of door dings and a couple of minor dents.

My back n arms just start to ache when i see all that primmer getting ready for block sanding

Some updates from today. Got the base coat on. Black paint will go on the interior of the doors tomorrow & then clear coat all....

thumbnail (4).jpg

thumbnail (2).jpg

thumbnail.jpg

thumbnail (1).jpg

Lookin forward to seeing her all put back together.

She's getting closer for sure! Once that clear goes on, that's when the hard on happens haha!

Can't wait to see the finished product, I'm sure it will be beautiful.

Auto Transport Service
Back