• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Off to the body & paint shop today

How's your Ford pickup doing?

After 3 1/4 years and 95,000 miles, I just traded my 2017 F150 Lariat in for a similarly equipped model last week. I was going to trade it in next spring, but the incentives were too good to pass on a 2020 leftover that was located near Utica NY. Because the F series was being redesigned in 2021, my Weathertech floor mats, mud flaps and (expensive) Retrax bed cover would most likely not fit the 2021, but still would fit the 2020. I did however, look at the Rams, but I've had good luck with the Ford, so I got another.

This really is a nice bed cover. Pricey, but very nice. https://retrax.com/retraxpro-mx/2020/ford/f-150

Did they charge you to bring the truck from NY to Ma.?

They traded vehicles with the Utica dealership & I'm sure that the ride was factored into the final price.
When I was shopping for my Toyota I wanted a certain color. Guy at work recommended a certain dealer. Went there and they found a 2013 (Jan 14) left over) the right color north of Boston. They said $1000 to bring to Ct. I balked. They were looking my trade, I thought they'd give me $800, nope $300. Then they said $500 to get the Ma. car. I left with my money. Called wife told her no deal. By the time I got home she found a 2014 the right color car 30 miles away. Ended up paying $1000 more for the 2014.

Last edited:
It's being held hostage at the trim shop, but I'm sure that I'll be bringing it home one day this week.

I would but he might come over to my garage and return the favor,and I would be in deep sh*t!

It's baaa---aaack. Now the fun begins!

PXL_20201120_233741727.jpg

PXL_20201120_233802875.jpg

PXL_20201120_233819289.jpg

PXL_20201120_233954155.jpg

Looks great. Now you have a winter project and a excuse to hide out in there.

I bet it smells good in the garage too. I love the smell of fresh paint!

Good luck and keep us posted :thumbsup:

Looks great. Now you have a winter project and a excuse to hide out in there.

I bet it smells good in the garage too. I love the smell of fresh paint!

Good luck and keep us posted :thumbsup:

Winter project? I can't work that slow. It'll be back together in a couple weeks at the latest. :thumbsup:

Looks great!!! You should give lessons how get paint and trim done in a timely fashion. Bet the body and trim shop are happy it's done!:rolleyes::D

In a sea of "it's my car and I'll do what I like with it", it sure is nice to watch when one
is done proper justice...

Looks great!!! You should give lessons how get paint and trim done in a timely fashion. Bet the body and trim shop are happy it's done!:rolleyes::D

A little over 3 month turn around from the body shop is real good timing.

I had to book the vinyl roof installation 2 months in advance which shows how busy they are.

Auto Transport Service
Back