• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ok we know the worst tool, what's the best tool you ever bought

Screenshot_20211124-222332_Chrome.jpg

I use that shyte on everytning!

DSCF0586.JPG
I've owned this Massey-Ferguson 30hp 3-cylinder 4wd tractor since new.
Made by Iseki, the thing has been an absolute rock out here on the ridge the last 17 years.
For a little fella, it's been involved in most all the construction up here;
this place eats riding mowers like candy (those zero-turns are cute, but you'll likely die
on one on the slopes here) and 2wd tractors will break your dang neck in places.
Not so with this fella.

He mows at mach5 speeds with a 3-pt finish mower; he helped build and now maintains
the quarter-mile long gravel road that is very steep in places; he's even the snow
removal machine for the local highway department in winter....
Ok, I AM the highway dept. on our county road out here since they don't do squat to it,
but this tractor has quite the following amongst the neighbors as a result.

I couldn't live here without such a machine - and the way it sips diesel, even if the place
were level and purty, no other machine could do what it does any cheaper.
Other than admittedly less than stellar maintenance of fluids and such, I've only had
to replace one part on the thing in 17 years - the tiny rubber fuel line from lift pump
to throttle body. That's it.

I have lots of old hand tools I love and won't give up like anyone else, but this rascal
allows me to live where I want to. Nothing more important than that...
He'll be taken to the regional dealer this winter for some well-earned sprucing up in
preparation for another 17 years soon as I can afford it.

Milwaukee M18 impact wrench, Metabo 6" cutter.
I planned on retiring as soon as my paperwork was processed, then I started this job in August. Since then, I have spent almost $400 on a Milwaukee 6 1/2" cordless circular saw, then I bought a cordless Sawzall, 2 batteries, a charger. Later I bought 2 more batteries, a Multi-tool, a DeWalt laser level and here I am....near the finish line and I keep buying tools. I tell myself that these tools can be used at work and at home.....

1 laugh.jpg

This sex tool helps when my girlfriend isn’t in town. She has double C’s. Sadly I have to return her Friday.

06762B04-A8D3-47A0-A667-E4B8F4BE413C.jpeg

Miller 215 Multimatic. Kitchenaid stand mixer. About 100 dental tools.
Basic emergency tool kit, saved my butt and a lot of $$$ many times. Spring loaded gear driven nut cracker.
Parallel pliers.
Bissell Pro Spot carpet cleaner. I have a dog with kidney problems and if it weren't for this cleaner, she'd ruin my new 10x12 Oriental hand tufted 100% wool rug.

I planned on retiring as soon as my paperwork was processed, then I started this job in August. Since then, I have spent almost $400 on a Milwaukee 6 1/2" cordless circular saw, then I bought a cordless Sawzall, 2 batteries, a charger. Later I bought 2 more batteries, a Multi-tool, a DeWalt laser level and here I am....near the finish line and I keep buying tools. I tell myself that these tools can be used at work and at home.....

View attachment 1198683

As you know I'm a little older than you & knocking on calling myself retired too.... I bought myself a lathe & a mill just so I could play with them... Then Covid hit & the machine shop my company uses basically quit getting stuff done... After nearly losing a big project cause we didn't have a few custom made machined parts that the shop had promised to deliver in two weeks (four months ago) I grabbed the prints & made the parts... Since then my free time between plant visits is spent machining parts... So much for my hobby, it's become a job that I wasn't looking for...

As you know I'm a little older than you & knocking on calling myself retired too.... I bought myself a lathe & a mill just so I could play with them... Then Covid hit & the machine shop my company uses basically quit getting stuff done... After nearly losing a big project cause we didn't have a few custom made machined parts that the shop had promised to deliver in two weeks (four months ago) I grabbed the prints & made the parts... Since then my free time between plant visits is spent machining parts... So much for my hobby, it's become a job that I wasn't looking for...
Is that a good thing, though? Sounds like you tripped over an ideal entrepreneur/"consultant" thing there?

I'm with KD. Every time I use my lift I say to myself....why didnt I buy one of these sooner? I have two in my shop now. By far the best tool I've bought. Put one in your garage and you gain friends too...lol.
Amen. I know for fact having one would easily extend the future I can have in the hobby.
Ah well. A fella can dream...

Auto Transport Service
Back