• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Old Mopar Daily Drivers

HawkRod

Formerly hsorman
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
How about a thread for old Mopars that are daily drivers (or at least very frequent drivers)?

To start us out:
My first car I ever owned was a 1973 Plymouth Road Runner. I kept it all these years and restored it in 1992. In 2010 I gave the car to my son, so the car has now been two generations' first car. It is his only car and is his daily driver. Yes it sees rain and even sees snow. On one hand, it pains me to see it get the wear and tear of daily use, but on the other hand, it is this way that he is making memories with the car and growing to love it like I do.
Brad_Roadrunner.jpg

For me, I finally managed to purchase the car of my dreams, a 1970 Road Runner with an air grabber. It is unrestored, but I plan to restore it to decent standards (not show standards), and I would like to drive this car regularly, although I doubt it will see snow...
70_RR_April_2013.jpg

What do other people have?

That scamp is nice. I had my eye on a slant-six one that I wanted to up to a 440. Someone on Craigslist beat me to it

Dodge caravan for a daily driver for me, not worth the pics

08 Aspen Hemi is my wife's DD...not exactly old. not worth pics

Mine is not worth the pics really. It is a 1999 Honda Civic DX, Coupe, 5 speed. Runs like a scalded Cat. It is small compared to a lot out there. But for the most part it is reliable and really economical to operate. Tank of gas will last well over 3 weeks. Some nice daily drivers here. That being said, how do you manage...those that are driving the big MOPARS on this topic...to afford it? What with the cost of fuel, Insurance on a car like that, maintenance, etc. Just doesn't seem to justify using one for a DD. Some really nice rides though. More for an occasional cruise/ride to work, etc. than DD's....IMHFO...cr8crshr/Tuck

99 Dakota SLT 4x4 5.2ltr DD, it's not what your looking for thou, my car only comes out of the garage on week-ends usually & only when it's nice, never when it's bad weather, she's a pampered B_I_T_C_H

Attachments

• Sonora 99 Dakota 4x4 #1.JPG
    Sonora 99 Dakota 4x4 #1.JPG
    121.5 KB · Views: 355
  • 68 RR #13 Apr 26 2011.JPG
    68 RR #13 Apr 26 2011.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 379
No Free Candy here man!!!! LOL!

You can see thru the factory smoked glass windows, which makes navigating heavy city traffic much easier.

FFLosAngeles2013 070.jpgJust got back from Los Angeles. Gonna drive it to work tomorrow, even if it it is filthy.

In response to cr8crshr, I only have 3 miles to work, so bad fuel economy really doesn't matter much. That might be why some others can afford it. I agree with you though, if I drove tons of miles every year I would have to get something much better on gas.

By the way, I like the current direction gas prices are heading!!!

In response to cr8crshr, I only have 3 miles to work, so bad fuel economy really doesn't matter much. That might be why some others can afford it. I agree with you though, if I drove tons of miles every year I would have to get something much better on gas.

By the way, I like the current direction gas prices are heading!!!

Once mine is done I intend to drive it to work as often as possible since it should actually get better gas mileage than my Ram. That is one of the many reasons I went with a fuel injected G3 Hemi. It should easily beat the 14-15 mpg I average with my Ram.

Well or at least tie since I'll probably like the skinny pedal too much :D

Auto Transport Service
Back