• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

opinions on carb

callofthemopar

Local time
7:47 PM
Reaction score
I have a 73 charger with stock 318 with headers. What 4v carb would you guys suggest to swap out the stock 2v for? Have a weiand intake already just want to make the best choice for carb.

You're going to get a lot of opinions on this,
everyone has preferences,
mine is holley, 600cfm, electric choke, vac seconds
(a thermoquad would work also)

I think a small AFB about 500 CFM. A really good choice CFM wise would be a factory AFB from a 273 power pack.

On a more or less stock 318 get the 1406 600 cfm eddy performer it has electric choke and runs quite well it is easy to tune as well. i have many holleys and eddys on close to stock stuff i find the eddys work really well.

On a more or less stock 318 get the 1406 600 cfm eddy performer it has electric choke and runs quite well it is easy to tune as well. i have many holleys and eddys on close to stock stuff i find the eddys work really well.

I'm with Charger on the 1406 Edelbrock Performer. I've had good luck with them. I wouldn't go any bigger on a mostly stock engine.

Auto Transport Service
Back