• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

opinions?

firewoody

Local time
9:13 PM
Reaction score
So what is the general opinion on this site? Stay original, or make you're car yours? Reason I ask, I have a '68 RR and I really want to paint it lime green (I miss my '70). Will I be frowned upon or welcomed?

Bottom line is, it's your car. Do what you want with it. But be aware that if you ever decide to sell, it will (probably) adversely affect the sale price.

don't worry, this car isn't going anywhere. I've had to sell my other ones in the past. This one stays.

Whatever can be done, can be undone. Paint the mother whatever color you want and enjoy it.

Sure, go ahead. As Mr. Absentia said it may affect the value down the road, but it may not depending on the buyer. Repainting a beige or brown Road Runner in a high impact color may actually help, in my opinion, or at least break even, but going from a popular color to less popular is gonna hurt. The engine in my Lemon Twist 70 440+6 is painted body color which makes some people cringe. However, every time I look under the hood I know I made the right decision. Check out the photos in the Restoration forum under "Opinions Wanted". Mopower to ya!

It also makes a difference using a color that wasn't available for that year. I know there is little difference between the bodies on a 68, 69, and 70 runner, but a 68 or 69 in a SubLime or Lemon twist or Plum Crazy just don't look right to me.

Auto Transport Service
Back