• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Peter Gunn old TV Show

Ron H

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:45 PM
Reaction score
For us Mopar fans I caught a series of the old Peter Gunn episodes on our "Decades" network this past weekend. The show, about a PI, aired in the late 50's to early 60's for those who don't remember the show or may not have heard of it. I hadn't seen it in years and got a kick out of all the Chrysler vehicles; Gunn's Plymouth Fury convertibles (a new one each year), all the police cars, Dodges, Chryslers, and Imperials. EVERYONE drove a Mopar...fins everywhere; the bad guys, good guys, other characters and about all of them were new! And with all the shooting looks as though the Mopars never suffered any bullet wounds...lol. The theme music for the show was classic and many will remember it when they hear it (Henry Mancini) and can't get the tune out of your head for awhile after hearing it...well I watched some 8 shows...of course another PI show featured cool Mopars "Mannix". I was prompted to buy a Cuda drop top from that show and had one for a couple years...sure wish I'd kept it!

I watch it here sometime when I can't sleep
late night TV Decades too, Is Mannix on too ?
I didn't see it, I use to love all them old spy & PI shows,
50's, 60's & 70's even into the 80's Magnum PI

Not sure I have heard of "Decades". I have Comcast and will need to check and see if we have it tonight.

I live in the Milw WI area and the channel is available on our normal network here, not a cable channel. This channel runs old shows non-stop like Fridays to late Sundays for "binge" watching fans. Recently they did the old Route 66 show, Miami Vice, and not sure about Mannix; I checked out the Mannix DVD's from our library. If you haven't checked your library might be surprised what you can find if you haven't tossed out your DVD player yet!

GREAT theme music.

Loved it since the 70's, but sadly never seen the show.

I didn't watch this. But, I DID like The Untouchables, with Robert Stack. The cars were cool in that show, too, even with the holes in them.

Fury...."The story of a horse and a boy who loved him."

Auto Transport Service
Back