• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pissed Off Neighbors...Probable city ordinance violations...My 73 Satellite Thread

Host a neighborhood BBQ, show them what your doing, explain that you're restoring history. Draw them out, ask what their favorite car was, etc. Also offer to help them, even if it's just carrying groceries in. It will probably do wonders.

How do you BBQ figs and other mushy foods?

Ron, at least you got your paint on it. Now you have a better idea of where the ripples need some more work. And you can do one panel at a time while the rest of the car stays presentable.

My problem is the opposite . During the summer , these old timers have all day to cut their stinking grass . but wait till Sunday at 7 am to do it . kinda like when you go to the bank at lunch hour , all the retired folks are all in front of you .
The wife says they are just lonely ...... go figure:protest::protest:

- - - Updated - - -

You guys all seem to have the best garages to work on your cars , mine is 14X24 , cant do nothing it that .

LOL all in all i havnt had any complaints like i thought i would, i also took your guy's advice and keep it reasonable. The biggest thing that i should of done differently is not to use a single stage metallic paint. Cant Color Sand it or so i have heard :angry1:

Thank guys for all the comments and suggestions, may redo a section at a time

Ill be posting up more pictures when finish the paint touch up and get all the trim/bumpers/mirrors/wheels and graphics on.

Here is a small project i have been working on, the filler neck had the threads pulled out, my guess is there used to be a locking fuel cap on and somebody lost keys at some point and had to get the cap off.

I found this and it fits snugly on the neck http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Filler-Twist-Cap-with-Steel-Neck,967.html

IMG_20140103_162228_710.jpg

Hey way to jump right in and get some work done. Good job, welding in the patch too. Looks good to me. Enjoy it

Started the interior last friday, im on a pretty tight budget with this whole project so i really could only afford to spend around 1,000 for an interior.

Luckily there where 6 all new OEM Green Plastic lower trim panels in the trunk so that helped alot. What i did need to buy i got in black because everything in the classic industries catalog is cheaper in black.

replaced Package tray and installed speakers
Put new seat cover on rear seat
Put down new carpet
Installed a summit racing Procar/scat seat package up front

Before
100MEDIA36IMAG0952.jpg

During
IMG_20140124_171956_808.jpgIMG_20140124_221449_593.jpgIMG_20140125_011552_146.jpg

still need to adress the dash and steering wheel. Probly install a floor shifter down the road

Drove the Satellite to work today, minus...seat belts, mirrors and other important things

satellite.jpg

When I first moved in my neighbor hood I pulled the race car out of the garage and loaded it up on the street. Of cousse I had to go around the block first. A burn out with open headers gave them something to talk about. After that other things I did seemed low key. So they didnt bother me.

When I first moved in my neighbor hood I pulled the race car out of the garage and loaded it up on the street. Of cousse I had to go around the block first. A burn out with open headers gave them something to talk about. After that other things I did seemed low key. So they didnt bother me.

Sounds like an excellent strategy DD. Obviously worked out

In for a penny in for a pound... my neighbor when I lived in Maine would call the cops every time I started something... then would give me odd looks like what are you looking at as they tresspassed on my land to ride their horses... wait till they need use of something

Auto Transport Service
Back