• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POR-15 High Temp Paint

Houle #382

Local time
1:14 AM
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has tried POR-15 high temp paint on their exhaust manifolds with any success.

Just wondering if anyone has tried POR-15 high temp paint on their exhaust manifolds with any success.
I used factory manifold gray on a set of headers once. I sand blasted the headers as prep. The finish lasted close to 20 years before a little bit of rust started come through. I was very happy with the results.

The exhaust manifolds on my Superbird are going on 20 years with no issues. POR 15 cast gray high temperature coating.

It seems to be holding up. Some very minor flake. But it's on 2 1/4" tube race hookers on A-body. Same grey color.

No experience with POR, but I did use Seymour High Temp Cast Blast on some ford manifolds and they looked like new for a long time

Auto Transport Service
Back