• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

POR 15 fail (help)

440plus6

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
3:21 AM
Reaction score
So..... Today I am applying POR 15 to the metal components underneath my trailer. I exercised caution, gloves and eye protection with an outdoor application. All was going well until, I dropped the quart of POR 15 directly on top of myself. I was in an area without soap or water handy, and now I have POR 15 all down my arms and some on my legs. (was wearing shorts). By the time I got home, the stuff had dried. I've tried fingernail polish and NAPTHA so far with zip for results. Anyone have any experience in removing this stuff from the skin? I could use some help.

So..... Today I am applying POR 15 to the metal components underneath my trailer. I exercised caution, gloves and eye protection with an outdoor application. All was going well until, I dropped the quart of POR 15 directly on top of myself. I was in an area without soap or water handy, and now I have POR 15 all down my arms and some on my legs. (was wearing shorts). By the time I got home, the stuff had dried. I've tried fingernail polish and NAPTHA so far with zip for results. Anyone have any experience in removing this stuff from the skin? I could use some help.

Pretty much just time... once it fully dries you can start peeling it off, been there before.... if you try scrubbing and using like brake cleaner you will just burn and be raw...

thinners and removers will only make your situation worse....... you may have to wear it for a few days

BTW.. could be worse :)
1687367041626.png

Pretty much just time... once it fully dries you can start peeling it off, been there before.... if you try scrubbing and using like brake cleaner you will just burn and be raw...
Oh man, the old lady is gonna be pissed, formal event happening tomorow evening. At least I can wear long sleeves I reckon. Damn

Oh man, the old lady is gonna be pissed, formal event happening tomorow evening. At least I can wear long sleeves I reckon. Damn

Yeah.. don't fight with it.. take a hot shower tonight and one tomorrow and it will probably already be coming off. If not you have a nice story about how you saw guys robbing a store and you chased them down, one threw a gallon of paint at you and you caught it but the second guy got you with another can :( did you what you could....

If you know anyone with a hot tub/jetted tub or have a local spa or health club you can go to that has one of those tubs, something like that might help. The hot water and jets flexing your skin/tissue should break the material loose quicker than just wearing it.

After a product failure years ago I'll never use that stuff again.

Great advise as I’m sure the owner of the tub will be glad that por15 crap is in there.

POOR 15 is just crap, don’t buy it, just like an electric car

BTW.... it MIGHT work to use like olive oil to get it to come off the skin and it won't make it worse or hurt your skin at least.... basically it's your skin oil that ends up getting it to come loose anyway... go lube up, i have never gotten so much on me that it was that much of an issue though.. usually some hands/forarms

try WD-40 it removes a lot of sticky stuff and it will make your skin supple and soft :lol::lol::lol:

P.O.R. is horrible stuff, but that ship has already sailed. There is no solvent or product that will remove it, so save yourself the toxic exposure and don’t even try.
I used to tell my helpers that if you get it on your skin that you get rid of it by eventually growing new skin. True then, true now.

You can also try butter or peanut butter, the oil in them works on some stuff. I know they work with tree sap. Bobby

Pays to read the instructions and the precautions.
Q&A Is it dangerous to get on my hands. No, but if you do, remove it at once with solvent or lacquer thinner. If POR-15 dries on your skin, nothing will take it off, and you will 'wear' it for 3 or 4 days until natural oils and flaking skin remove it.

Wear it off is the only way. And you can throw those clothes away also. Good luck. You can always say that you put that **** on everything. LOL:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back