• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Porting a street dominator intake

TexasRoadRunner68

Local time
5:53 AM
Reaction score
Is it possible to port a Holley street dominator intake out to max wedge size or close enough? I understand the intake might need to be milled. Or any other low rise intake that fits under a stock hood?

I have seen aluminum manifolds welded up to allow larger ports to be machined. On the other hand, good Max Wedge port size manifolds are available to purchase. Have you researched any for hood clearance?
Mike

I have seen aluminum manifolds welded up to allow larger ports to be machined. On the other hand, good Max Wedge port size manifolds are available to purchase. Have you researched any for hood clearance?
Mike
As far as I know, there are very limited options for the low deck motors…the only one I know of for sure being Indy.

You can get the Street Dominators quite close to Max Wedge sizing to retain good underhood clearance on an RB..... the trick for us has been to get the 'volume' back a good 3-4 inches up into and transitioning the runner.

Auto Transport Service
Back