• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your Carlisle 2022 pics here

Also grabbed a cool pic of my car at sunset up on Little Round Top in Gettysburg on Friday evening.

IMG_9276.JPG

We were there 3 and a half days and could not see it all.
The Mod Top car (Rich) is local top here. Great show,.

my spot, stayed at it mostly but did get some parts and saw a few other cars. sold probably half of my parts.Had a great time, weather was nice. 20220715_125052.jpg20220717_120552.jpg20220716_072722.jpg20220716_201015.jpg

Thanks for the pics as I couldn't get there this year. I was wondering if anyone heard what the car count was this year.

The Burgundy 68 GTX is ours, I didn't realize you were on here. It was a pleasure being parked next to you, good weekend for sure!
Sorry we missed you before we left. My pop isn't much on the heat so we needed to get him out of there. We were also hoping to beat the rain getting out. Turned out that it rained on us almost the whole way home.

Had a blast talking to you guys over the weekend. Look forward to connecting again.

Sorry we missed you before we left. My pop isn't much on the heat so we needed to get him out of there. We were also hoping to beat the rain getting out. Turned out that it rained on us almost the whole way home.

Had a blast talking to you guys over the weekend. Look forward to connecting again.
Stopped by your car to introduce myself with 66ChargerHI-PO but you weren't there at that time. Nice talking with your father. Great car!

Thanks for the pics as I couldn't get there this year. I was wondering if anyone heard what the car count was this year.
Rc, Unofficial, but what I heard, New Record, 3100+ Vehicles on the Field !

Last edited:
Rc, Unofficial, but what I heard, New Record, 3100+ Vehicles on the Field !
I think that might be due to the inclusion of the newer stuff. That section has gotten much bigger over the last few years.

I think that might be due to the inclusion of the newer stuff. That section has gotten much bigger over the last few years.
Absolutely. It may be time for Carlisle to start a New Show, Modern Muscle, for Mopar, Fords, and Chebbies. It would free up some room on the lower hillsides. That walk up the hill to get to the "upper levels" is getting tough with the swap meet finds...

At least they put us old guys down on the flats. The problem is one of my buddies was in the new Challenger section, and the other was in the truck section. I was up and down those hills several times.

A "blue sauna" near the FBBO tent sure would be handy as well.
I had to debate a few times grabbing another beer vs the distance to make room for another one.

A "blue sauna" near the FBBO tent sure would be handy as well.
I had to debate a few times grabbing another beer vs the distance to make room for another one.
Since the tent is now paid for, maybe an outhouse could be an upgrade for donations ? I had that same feeling sitting around Friday evening...

Absolutely. It may be time for Carlisle to start a New Show, Modern Muscle, for Mopar, Fords, and Chebbies. It would free up some room on the lower hillsides. That walk up the hill to get to the "upper levels" is getting tough with the swap meet finds...
I think that separating “old” and “new” might not be such a good thing because it could illuminate a decline in interest of the old stuff. The swap meet has diminished for sure probably because of internet sales and high prices for basic parts.

Not seeing that parts for newer cars follow the same market path as the vintage stuff. I wouldn’t know for sure since I don’t buy or sell them but from my view the majority of the swap meet is muscle-era parts.

It also seemed like half the swap meet vendors were gone by early Saturday afternoon. Used to be three solid days but now Sunday is almost empty. I get it - why spend time and effort packing stuff, hauling it down with $5/gallon gas to sit and haggle in the hot sun when no one is really even buying? I couldn’t give stuff away and believe me I tried. I’ll keep doing it but I can see the other side.

Stopped by your car to introduce myself with 66ChargerHI-PO but you weren't there at that time. Nice talking with your father. Great car!
Sorry I missed you guys. I didn't see the scheduled and planned times for the meet up at the tent until after I got back home and checked FBBO. Will definitely try to meet more people next year. This was my first year in the B-body section after years in the A-body and modern Challenger sections.

Say what you want, but I welcome them with open arms! If the show had to depend on just the classic stuff,it won't be around much longer!

lost my phone. and had to go back to my flip phone. did get this one tho
KIMG0134.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back