• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

power brake to non power brake???

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:42 PM
Reaction score
So I bought a 70 Bee and the brakes are a little hard.As I was looking at the master cylinder it just didnt look right. I looked online and I have the power booster bracket on the firewall. Unfortunately the car had no fender tag :( But I did get a good deal on the car. So what else would tell me if it had power brakes?Would there be linkage on the brake pedal?Portion valve different? 383,4spd car no power steering,no ac front disc brakes. thanks Dave

In 70, all front disc cars were power assist (b-body anyway). Your options were 4 wheel drum (no power), 4 wheel drum (power) and front disc/rear drum (power). For what it's worth, my Road Runner came power front disc/rear drum without power steering too.

Hard compared to what? your '15 Camry? All the cars had the re-enforcing plate on the firewall whether it had a booster or not. A manual brake car will have a harder pedal than a power assist car but will still stop well.

So theman440 your saying all the cars came with the power brake booster? Learn something new.

No, they all had the re-enforcing plate on the firewall - manual & power assist.

yes the bracket on the fire wall, I wrote the wrong thing.

well Im still lost options code b41-front disc 10 inch drum,b42 ft disc 11inch drum,b51 power brake,b61 drums, so can you have ft disc with no booster?

I believe you can have disc on front and not power brakes because they sell the master cylinder for both

Auto Transport Service
Back