• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

power valve or bowl gaskets?

pedal2themetal

Local time
4:04 AM
Reaction score
HI All,
I have a holly 450 QF sitting overnight both the bowls well empty, I can see a little puddle/stain on the intake. Carb is like 3 months after a rebuild from a Carburetor Shop. I have tried snugging up the bolts and its still draining? Do you think its the gaskets or the power valve and it is both bowls emptying can't see any fuel in the site glass after sitting.

Thanks Take care be safe
tim

Could also be leaky at the pump diaphragms. You have to take it apart either way so make sure eveything seats properly and change all the gaskets while you're in there....

If they are now using those nylon washer gaskets on the fuel bowl screws like Holley, they tend to leak badly. They are a little expensive but I buy off Ebay the old composition gasket washers like Holley used to use. I put them on the lower fuel bowl screws - the upper ones don’t have fuel sitting on them. No more fuel sitting on the intake in the morning after a drive.

Hi would washer like these work with the rubber bonded to them or would fuel eat the rubber?
[/URL][/URL]

if not AR67GTX and you give me a link?

thanks
tim
I bought these off of Amazon actually and they work well but we’re expensive.

Amazon product ASIN B00029J4QK
These seem to be the same but the price is far better.

10 HOLLEY FACTORY STYLE FIBER BOWL SCREW GASKETS, MUSCLE CAR, TRI-POWER, 6 PACK | eBay

Here’s one for 25 gaskets - also a good price.

25 HOLLEY 108-2 FIBER BOWL SCREW GASKETS, MUSCLE CAR, TRI-POWER, 6 PACK | eBay

HI,
I just went out and looked at what he put on.. and there like a black hard plastic? I ran the motor and watched it for a little bit and could not see any fuel leaking out anywhere?? look down the ventures and watch around the bowls and accelerator pump.
Something I thought was weird was that there is only a metering block at the front.. no metering block at the back??

Thanks take care be safe
tim

There are white nylon ones and black nylon ones that show up in most of the kits. Sometimes they seal but often they don’t.

Auto Transport Service
Back