• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project long haul...

Yea that's some good work Ron, time to take a break because I think you're seeing triple lol.

Meep up the good work Ron, spring, warmer weather and bluer skies ahead!

Thanks ya ll... Lots of work but, fun work and a great outlook for the end.. May be longer then thought, but what the heck, my 73 aint wore out yet!!! :)

You rock Ron! Love your thread, love your posts. FYI, Maria and I saw Rain yesterday and today we're getting drunk listening to Beatles music, dancing in our living room. Mopars and Rock n Roll!

Nice Ron! Liking the extra artistic welding flare with your signature as well. Good to see you're having fun with it!

Looking great Ron, Spring is here, next thing you know you'll be working with all the doors open. I love those days you can open the door and let the sun shine in, not too cold, not too hot... Just right.

Keep up the good work brother!

Nice work Ron, keeping on plugging away it!

I like the progress Ron. I am glad to see those rockers should be good for another 50 years!

You rock Ron! Love your thread, love your posts. FYI, Maria and I saw Rain yesterday and today we're getting drunk listening to Beatles music, dancing in our living room. Mopars and Rock n Roll!

Well now, i got to see rain today, back and forth to the garage, NO Beatles, i just play the oldies, takes them all in, i love the sounds of the 70's! My wife and i had a ball in those days... :)

"Just keep on it Ron and enjoy the 73 as much as you can when you can!"

EVERY chance i get :), Im waiting on a new radiator right now, sometimes the 73 does need to come before the 69...

"Nice Ron! Liking the extra artistic welding flare with your signature as well. Good to see you're having fun with it!"

Thanks Will, I couldn't resist a little fun thinking maybe 50 year from now ill be cussed at for using today's technology lol!!!

"Looking great Ron, Spring is here, next thing you know you'll be working with all the doors open. I love those days you can open the door and let the sun shine in, not too cold, not too hot... Just right.

Keep up the good work brother!"

Thanks buddy! i am sure looking forward to opening doors after a long winter for sure!!!

"Nice work Ron, keeping on plugging away it!"

lol, Devin, im as slow as they come but plugging away? Yes sir indeed, ill keep that up as long as it takes, ok, well as long as i can! :)

"I myself can't wait any longer for spring,lol. Nice progress Ron. Looking good."

Thanks bud, Anyone who aint looking forward to spring by now should be taken to Antarctica for a one day cruise! lol..

"I like the progress Ron. I am glad to see those rockers should be good for another 50 years!"

Kevin, That is what i pray for bud, I wont be around but if any rust is found on or in this car in 40-50 years, i do hope some wakes me up to tell me... :) :)
Then i can take a couple company's to court, they say "PERMANENTLY" lol

Im sorry im slow and things are busy here but ill put in some pictures, Im sure you all can understand them, Im using Eastwood compound in place of sealers and i think i like it better and more important, i think it is better, Metal to metal and i didn't realize how this was possible until i took or i should say had some outside and it was cool to see it in the sun, Kind of looks like Gabby girls glue and glitter lol... I can see where it can be stronger....
I have the torsion bar cross-member and the 4 floor brackets i bought from our Mark (moparmark), I have them cleaned up and coated, ready! Main floor is out and new here, back foot well's are hear but ive been doing the trunk pans and moving on from there with the back, i still haven't taken out the torsion bar's themselves but im sure that will come soon.. MAN, I wish i was a lot healthier and a LOT younger, NOW that would be cool as it gets!!! :)
I thought i had more of the trunk pan work but i think i was thinking of the ones on my phone and not the camera, but my welds aren't the prettiest anyway and i know i have a few more out in my shop on the camera, showing the penetration from underneath that ill try to get soon, Im also working on my 73 and trying to do things around here and not keeping up i guess..

100_3560.jpg100_3558.jpg100_3497.jpg100_3496.jpg100_3492.jpg100_3556.jpg100_3564.jpg100_3562.jpg100_3561.jpg

Wrong picture number on the last one... Im trying to do a few things and will do my best to get back here.. Thanks....

Wow, nice work there Ron! Rails and trunk floor look great.

Heck ya. You are definitely doing some fine work. That cross member really cleaned up nice and the rails look great. I have lost ambition for my car right now, but I think it is because spring has sprung and I'm busy in the yard. That's OK though because I can still watch others and get my fix!

Lookin' good Ron, yours looks like my Coronet did a year ago. Keep plugging away my friend and remember you're only as old as the amount of pain medication you have to take at the end of the day. :tard:

Ron, Ron, Ron

The cross member DOES NOT get attached to the tops of the inner fenders! :grin:

Seriously, some really nice work, and you are making good and steady progress. You are turning the corner and starting to put stuff back on the car - that's a great feeling! Keep up the good work!

Hawk

Auto Transport Service
Back