• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Project windshield and rear glass done!!

Bob Sawyer

Local time
8:37 AM
Reaction score
I installed the new rear glass and windshield this morning. The rear glass was a piece of cake but those upper corners on the windshield - well that's another story.
Had my neighbor to help on both and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

20190427_160715.jpg 20190427_160631.jpg

I'd like to replace the windshield in my road runner, but without a mentor to guide me I'm gun shy on DIY here.
I did find a local shop that is owned by a mopar guy that will probably handle the job once I get the budget.

I did my front glass last year with the 3 m caulking , and now doing the back on Monday with my glass guy , he is really good and just does glass.
the front stopped leaking now the back glass is the last the water was leaking into the trunk

I finally found a guy that would replace my windshield, it has 3 cracks. I must have called everyone in town who did windshields and they all refused because it wasn't glued in. I don't know enough to try it on my own. Looks like you did a good job!

Whats the price?

I too called about 12 or so shops in Tucson about my Road Runner's windshield. I found one, and only one shop that will do it, and it is the shop owner himself that does the job. He only works a few days a week, so I have to schedule in advance.

Price I was quoted was $330 to $390.

Whats the price?

I too called about 12 or so shops in Tucson about my Road Runner's windshield. I found one, and only one shop that will do it, and it is the shop owner himself that does the job. He only works a few days a week, so I have to schedule in advance.

Price I was quoted was $330 to $390.

He hasn't told me yet, he has to see if he can find a windshield first, then they will call me for a quote. I will probably have to take it because no one else will do it! I was expecting to pay around $400.

Auto Transport Service
Back