• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pure oxygen pump that pumps from a oxygen tank to thr supercharger

XEO1-

Local time
9:09 AM
Reaction score
Low compression engine and pure 100 oxygen,will this work for a engine? And what type of gasoline would you need? I’d say you need a different spark and fuel consumption to beable to sustain 100 percent pure oxygen.

I’m trying to make a rifle scope supercharger where both sides spin glass to glass like two helicopter blades spinning counter and clock wise on a helicopter to keep it from losing control.

If you use 100% pure oxygen you won't need fuel because once you have spark, everything will burn!

Low compression engine and pure 100 oxygen,will this work for a engine? And what type of gasoline would you need? I’d say you need a different spark and fuel consumption to beable to sustain 100 percent pure oxygen.
Nitrous without the N2.

3A4E30B5-95C5-4C43-8EDD-BA5074C56C63.jpeg
08FF1E67-0294-4FC1-8460-A2517C58C576.jpeg
0153B647-232A-461D-BC9E-B4330100C2A7.jpeg

Here’s your supercharger!

If you use 100% pure oxygen you won't need fuel because once you have spark, everything will burn!

I guess it’s sort of like a Diesel engine uses compression to fire thr fuel and oxygen.

To start with, you won't be needing a pump to get it out of the tank - it should be under enough pressure already. You'd need a throttle modulated pressure regulator though. With pure oxygen, you'd need five times as much fuel to keep the burn ratio the same. In theory, you'd have the same fuel/oxidizer ratio as if you had a 70 psi. turbo system.

Remember oxygen does not burn....but supports combustion......vigorously. look at an oxygen-acetylene cutting torch flame. The acetylene is the fuel....C2H2 and oxygen O2, is the accelerator and combination burns at approximately 5000° F. And the aluminum pistons will melt at approximately 1900 °F.....the net result is the engine will produce much horsepower for a VERY short period of time.....once. Just my opinion of course.
BOB RENTON

To start with, you won't be needing a pump to get it out of the tank - it should be under enough pressure already. You'd need a throttle modulated pressure regulator though. With pure oxygen, you'd need five times as much fuel to keep the burn ratio the same. In theory, you'd have the same fuel/oxidizer ratio as if you had a 70 psi. turbo system.

Yea see I was thinking of fuel injection and usual regular carburetor fuel. I forgot about oxygen just free flowing compared to a under pressure tank. I think that’s the only way you can keep pure oxygen free from contaminates is it being under pressure…

if the oxygen was free not under pressure only floating internal it leaves a possibly of contaminates entering thr tank from any area even putting the externoir contaminated oxygen with all the other paradoc table contents that are on thr atmosphere we breath in thr tank.

it would have be pressure sealed….. only way to keep it pure…. Pressure sealed I mean all the areas wheee it could leak with pressure gaskets… without pressure on those gasket they will deteriorate over time faster then a gasket under pressure…

Pure oxygen under pressure comparison is like putting gasoline at a pump compared to sealed fuel from any atmospheric intrusion.

Isn’t that right thou? A gasket under pressure from every xyz of thr gasket is pressing it keeping milicious pesticide debre out of the tank making it like as smart as memory foam when placing your body in a position on the bed it thickens and hardens in that uniform position…

Believe it or not but a 5 lb bottle of nitrous has more oxygen than the same bottle of pure oxygen. Why? The nitrous being in a liquid form is much more dense than the gaseous pure oxygen. And liquid oxygen well that's a whole nother ball game.

In theory the axial flow supercharger like the Latham would be way more efficient than even the best turbo.

As previously mentioned, oxygen itself doesn't burn, so you do need something combustible - and that can be virtually any combustible liquid that you can get into the chamber.

I guess it’s sort of like a Diesel engine uses compression to fire thr fuel and oxygen.

Not at all. With oxygen you don't need compression for it to combust. Just introducing oxygen to a combustible substance with cause ignition.

Since combustion takes place on contact between the two, you couldn't inject either through a manifold or they'd combust right then and there. You'd have to inject the oxygen directly into the cylinder AFTER the combustible fluid and most likely after all the valves are closed since you're not relying on airflow through a manifold. In fact, this could probably be a single valve engine ... direct port injection of the fuel, direct port injection of the oxygen and a single (or multiple exhaust valves).

Had a gasoline solenoid not open on a 9.50 run in a big block Camaro with nitrous. Burned holes in three pistons and blew the pan off of the engine at the big end. The pistons became the fuel!

All too complicated. Just convert over to battery electric. :p

Thanks for teaching me alittle something.. didn’t think of nitrous.

It really depends on what type of "nitrous" you are referring to. Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) or Nitric Ocide (N2O) as both could be referred to as nitrous, but are totally diffrrent compounds. Obviously, the Nitrogen Dioxide (NO2) has twice the amount of the free oxygen molecule attached, but requires heat to break the bond and release the oxygen. NO2 is supplied as liquid, under pressure, but first is vaporized to a gas, then, thru the heat of combustion, is broken down to N2 + O2 to release the free oxygen. It is IMPERATIVE that additional fuel is added to combust with or the free O2 starts to look for something to combine with, like aluminum pistons (Al2O3 or Al3O4 or AlO2 compounds or their derrivitives as aluminum is multi-valent) as they melt at lower temps than the cast iron components. That's the basic chemical reaction of adding "nitrous" to the intake fuel charge. The "free" N2 molicule, which is basically inert, that results from the dissociation of the nitrous mix, just goes along for the ride, taking up volume in the combustion chamber and acts reduce the temperature by displacement and the formation of NOx emissions in the exhaust. Everything you didn't know about nitrous (or probably cared)..... points to ponder....
BOB RENTON

Auto Transport Service
Back