• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putting my dog down :(

Nick2317

Local time
10:33 PM
Reaction score
I have been putting off realizing how bad he is getting then the past few days hes actually stopped even eating and everything and now unfortunately I have to make that call tomorrow ....It sucks and its not what I want but I don't wana put him through this anymore...as much as I love him he is 15 and I don't want to keep him here in pain just to appease me .....thanks for letting me talk about it some

Have had to put "fur kids" down before. Some due to sickness (cancer, FIP) and some due to just old age. Not an easy thing to do, but often it is the best thing you could do for them. My heart is with you right now.

You are doing the right thing. Been there. Not easy.

Hey Nick , I know JUst what your going through....I just put my friend of 13 years down this morning, his name was Sachmo, and he was my red headed step chow.. If you know of a Great vet...it helps, and by all means don't let him pass by himself...I really think they know when it's time to go...their just waiting on us to be ready to let them go...You especially might get a kick out of this...you know there's certain things that dogs aren't supposed to have one of them being chocolate, One thing Sach was always after, my chocolate... Welll this morning right before I loaded him in the car for the ride, We had chocolate for breakfast... God Speed to your friend, and to you It WILL sting awhile, but then you start to think of the dumb stupid things they do or did and you laff a little, that's how he wants to be remembered, making you laff.. Peace My friend

I feel your pain Brother. I just had to do it a few months ago. Take comfort in knowing your best buddy will now sleep at Gods feet.

Sachmo2008.jpg this is My Sachmo

Nick, Ive had to do it a couple times before, it is tuff as we get attached to them and it feels like family, which really is part of the family.. You and PoppaSmurf, I am sorry to hear it as much as it is right at times..

Sorry to hear, it can be tough but for the best. Me and my best friend Chuy will be praying for you.

I know where you're coming from. Have had to do it a couple times. It's never easy and it doesn't get any easier. Had to do it a year ago with 2 of our dogs and that same night, I had a dream and saw them both sitting side by side in the kitchen. My sympathies go out to you and your long time friend.

This always a bad topic. Sorry to hear about it guys but not letting them suffer is the best you can do.

Sorry! Many of us have been there, for me, more than once and it will be happening again not too far down road. It sucks, but the right thing! Hang in there.

I is a difficult thing to do. I do not envy you.
....my condolences to you and your family as well.

my lab, Jake is 13....I think about this often.......

Sorry to hear this. I have been there several times and it hurts like hell every time. You will be amazed at how much your next friend will be like this one, take a minute then go find him/her.

Never an easy thing to do. My wife had to put down our German Shepard last year around this time because of cancer. I felt horrible that I couldn't be there with her but I was deployed at the time. It seems like the shiz always hits the fan when I'm deployed. Just yesterday I took my Basset Hound in to get her eye removed due to Glaucoma and she's getting up there in age as well.

Feel for you,man. Definitely one of the hardest things to do. It's for the best as far as ending suffering for the pet, but never easy. Condolences.

UPDATE:

Well after posting this last night and waking up today .....he didn't move all night from last night when I went to bed ....then when I went to pet him today he yelped ......so I had to make the call today ........RIP Maxwell I love ya buddy

10006107_759197807433194_1330168425_n.jpg

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your loved one. We have had to make that call several times in the last 2 years. We are cat folks but it makes them no less part of the family. It is VERY hard.
Many don't realize it is sometimes more difficult than saying goodbye to a human family member. Animals don't understand and in our mind we know that and it is like we can't say a proper farewell. Makes me sad just to write this.
We'll say a prayer for you and your family and Maxwell.
God speed Maxwell.

Auto Transport Service
Back