• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Putting my dog down :(

Sorry about your loss. I have had to do it a few times myself. The last time was diffrent. I had a dog that started atacking my neighbors goats and dogs. When it growled at my daughter I ended it.
Go get a puppy from the pound and save it.

Heres the last pic of US together from this past weekend ...he hated being picked up but I was doing it to put him in his chair and the wife snapped this one

nick max.jpg

Sorry to hear about Maxwell.My Freeway is close behind.He,s 12 or so.Got his name from where I saved him.On the freeway.He cant hear and is half blind now too. Only responds to my wife to go out by hand signals. Has some tumors but doesnt seem to be in pain. I know hes happy cause his little nub tail goes 90 to nothing. Cant put him down till I see him suffering even though his quality of life isnt great. He still loves to eat the cats food and crap on the patio to tick me off. When the day comes I will miss the pita.Not looking forward to it.Thoughts are with you bud.

Sorry to hear that Nick. My buddy was poisoned and we hand fed him and took him for walks every day for 2 years. One day I was going to my daughters and I told him go lay down buddy I am getting dressed and will be back. He laid down and I said see you buddy and I thought hey his tail didn't wage. I bent down and was hugging him and said to my wife chance is acting strange and she comes out and yells at me, he's dead. Omg I was dramatized, so we load him in the SUV and off to the vets and they had me help lift him into a freezer outside and I was so up set at them that I still think that's not how we say goodby. Hang in there my friend. RIP Maxwell

that's rough. never easy. sorry man

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

This rite here is where I am .....my wife and mom want to hug me and stuff and I just want left alone ......this was the second hardest thing I have ever had to do aside from telling them to take my father off the machines that were keeping him alive .......and that was just 3 1/2 years ago ......things just haunt me like that

Hey Nick - You're human, and you lost your best friend . . . it's only natural . . . and you can't rush the grieving and healing process. It's going to take time, time for the pain to lessen, time for the grief to subside, and time to get your heart back on track to be able to get through the day and do what you need to get done - you won't stop missing him, and that may never go away - those memories will come back from time to time and put a great big smile on your face, when you remember all the things that you did together.

Take all the time that you need to get through it . . . there is no schedule . . . you'll know when you're ready . . . then keep all the great memories and Maxwell will always be "with you".

You'll get through it . . .

As odd as it may seem Ive been listening to the same song over and over ...it has made me feel better ...esp the Into which is from another totally different song .......Its a must for an OLD tallica fans

http://youtu.be/2Gtf5-PjqRg

Last gasp for this thread ....I want to thank everyone for the kinda words etc ....It has helped me a lot just to have a place to talk about it and listen to everyone elses stories about their pets(kids) I will always love him and miss him but in the end I cant take it back and I hope hes feeling better now than he ended up here

THANKS EVERYONE

Putting down your pet is never something that you want to do. About a month ago I couldn't find our little dog 'Pepper'. After calling him I saw him stick his head up in some weeds. He apparently had gotten ran over by a car & was attempting to crawl back home. My twin girls also loved the little man & were heartbroken. My other dogs had gotten out of their pen & I guess he followed them into the road. And yes my little dog was a cat lover. CAM00336.jpgCAM00251 (2).jpg

Last edited:
sorry to hear that Lowhound, sad day for sure...

Sorry for your loss, they are family, been any where from 16 to 6 years since I have had to do the right thing. I still think of them all & tear up, like right now. Got three more at home & it will be just as bad.

My wife just asked me why I was looking at her like that..... ROFL

Just kidding - thought I'd lighten the mood.

I feel for you Nick - they live long enough to really become attached to them - and then they're gone.
They really are man's best friend - they're always happy to see you - don't gripe when you let them in - always ready to go for a ride - I'm sure you have lots of good memories to remember him by, but now he's out of pain and in a better place.

Auto Transport Service
Back