• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Radiator overflow ???? what are you running?

I use an empty narrow plastic juice bottle with a hole drilled in the cap. It passed tech just fine at the drag race tech inspection a few years ago.
I'm looking forward to Dennis H replying to this thread - I believe he uses an empty Bud Light can.

What I want to know is this - why oh why does every single radiator neck have the overflow hose nipple fitting welded on 20-degrees off of horizontal instead of squared up left to right? The rubber hose needs to go sideways to the fender apron, so why do they put it at an angle, which causes a bend in the hose and a non-clean appearance? There's gotta be a technical reason because it seems like they're all like this.

Manual says 1" below bottom of filler hole. I fill to there, "if" it pukes a little, then it was a touch high. I run flowkooler, aluminum radiator in 496" in 125° weather w a/c. By filling 1" below opening, I've never had an issue.
yepp that worked ...also running a flowkooler thanks :thumbsup:

It is all about the technology.
If you want you car "correct" do what the manual for the car indicates. That is what the engineers felt was right.
All cooling systems are recovery systems now, new technology. Ford calls it a degas tank.
That is a great looking car, like the body style and color.
Degas is very different from an overflow... Coolant actively flows through the degas tank and it's pressurized... Overflow/recovery tank is outside the normal coolant path and lives at atmospheric pressure...

I use Evans Waterless Coolant. No overflow needed, works from -40° to 375° I don’t loose any coolant.

Auto Transport Service
Back