• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear Leaf Spring Replacement

Robert Schaad

Local time
7:44 AM
Reaction score
I just replaced my 72 Satellite springs, DCC-P4452982 from Summit racing. Easy as hell. I am 71 with a BAG of tools and no special equipment. Took me a day as I took my time in my Garage. Jacked up rear with tires just off the ground, Jacked up body to take off stress of the springs. Replaced one at a time. I am a very good home MOPAR mechanic i think. My car now sits great, and standard shocks work great. I say easy but remember, my car was a California car and spent time in Reno, NV. Very little rust and that helps things.

Sounds like something that would have made a good thread for this forum (with pics, of course!).
Congrats on the good job, sir. :thumbsup:

Changed out my rear end housing and spring bushings on my 64 Fury this summer, came out very easily but you have to remember that the car was originally a California car and spent about 25 years in Las Vegas.

670A2705-7AA9-4395-A189-9A6DF9D6B2AA.jpeg
900D03B9-14F5-40E6-8057-8BAEB9A23D7B.jpeg
BDE81BF3-929B-461C-98FF-5F329515C4B6.jpeg

I just replaced my 72 Satellite springs, DCC-P4452982 from Summit racing. Easy as hell. I am 71 with a BAG of tools and no special equipment. Took me a day as I took my time in my Garage. Jacked up rear with tires just off the ground, Jacked up body to take off stress of the springs. Replaced one at a time. I am a very good home MOPAR mechanic i think. My car now sits great, and standard shocks work great. I say easy but remember, my car was a California car and spent time in Reno, NV. Very little rust and that helps things.
Congrats, it always feel great when you complete a job, us old farts need to stick together!:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back