• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear spacing on 2 post lift your thoughts

Jesse6869

Local time
11:52 AM
Reaction score
Will be digging some footing for a 2 post lift. Rotary is saying give yourself 13’ from rear obstruction assuming there’s probably few feet from rear of vehicle to wall. Your thought and ideas what, what you did and wish you did differently. Thanks jesse

Put the biggest vehicle you may encounter (3500 4dr dually??) And see what like for room.

I'll try to remember to measure where mine is at tomorrow. I can get my F150 supercrew w/6.5' box box on mine and JUST inside the door with a good balance to it. Based on my base plate and the floor cut I'm guessing 12 from door, but I'll measure..
carsparkedshopapril262022 078.jpg

I wish I didn't go overboard on the rebar in the hole before I poured. Nail-biter when it was time to drill the post anchor bolts.

Get "rebar buster" concrete bit when drilling your anchor bolts.
I'm prolly 14-15 ft from my door and I've got clearance to walk around on trucks. Cars I have lots of room

Symmetrical, and yes @dadsbee see how close your truck is to the door i would like 3’to 4’ Clearance, that would be great if you could check that out post to garage door. Thanks jesse

Dad's bee..... friends really don't let friends drive ford's ......now that border is open may have to come up for a counseling session!!!!

Dad's bee..... friends really don't let friends drive ford's ......now that border is open may have to come up for a counseling session!!!!
Sad part is the Wife and I have had GM's, Ford's and Dodges.. both of us on all brands and the Ford trucks win. This is my third Ford F150 since 2003. It's an '18 I bought Oct '17. Has needed ZERO other than a failed A/C pump and pulls my loaded 24' x 8' high enclosed like it isn't even there.

Symmetrical, and yes @dadsbee see how close your truck is to the door i would like 3’to 4’ Clearance, that would be great if you could check that out post to garage door. Thanks jesse
My truck is only about 4" inside the door I can tell you that, I'll get the hoist distance later..

My truck is only about 4" inside the door I can tell you that, I'll get the hoist distance later..
Great, ya 4” little to close I would have to lose much weight to squeeze past that. Thanks jesse

I'm 168" from the door. Plenty of room for my Cummins, with room to walk around. I just moved it closer to door, to free up rear space...
16525423894951146989468321263592.jpg
1652542470272459470813292088401.jpg

Mine's 11' 4" from the door to center line of the lift..so add how ever many feet of clearance you want to that #.

14’ feet. thank you. How much space you think you had to walk around?
Enough to walk around it, with the door closed. It gets cold up here sometimes, so open doors not an option...

Well, with a truck, you can always add weight in the bed if it's not balanced very well..... :D What's the capacity of these lifts anyway? My old 97 diesel is just over 6k and think 5999 of that is on the nose!

Auto Transport Service
Back