• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear spacing on 2 post lift your thoughts

My 2 post lift is slightly over 12' from the rear door, but it's at the back of my 48' shop so I have the option of either driving or back the vehicle in depending on the length of the vehicle. My 84 W350 Cummins crewcab is 23+ feet long, and 7K lbs, and I have to drive in nose first so I have room to get it up on the lift.

I've had every kind of diesel on my 9k rotary. No concerns for the last 20 yrs

I've had every kind of diesel on my 9k rotary. No concerns for the last 20 yrs

I have a 9K Rotary, it'll lift most anything you ask it to... I just don't like lifting stuff where the overhang is longer than the area the arms support... IE crew cab long bed trucks, limos, some utility bed trucks... Back when working on cars was how I made a living I did it but these days I prefer to stick with Musclecars...

Having worked in the trade for fifteen plus years I saw four vehicles fall off lifts... Three were trucks... All three fell nose first yet knowing that it still makes me nervous when the rear arms barely extend past the rear of the cab & the bed is hanging out there fully unsupported...

..I was talking frames folding with **** in the box. My biggest concern even on old stuff that is empty like my '98 plow truck.

..I was talking frames folding with **** in the box. My biggest concern even on old stuff that is empty like my '98 plow truck.

You live in a different environment, trucks here don't fold in half....

Auto Transport Service
Back