• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rear sway bar advice

Those posted are E body or aftermarket E body based design. 72 and lates B bodies are diff. I had a good thread about that at dodgecharger.com board, but since the board was upgraded, attachments are still being fixed.

Here is the factory diagram.
index.jpg

the pic got circled the screw used to attach the bracket to the frame rail, because I was adding the sway bar on my car and was asking about the size of the screw.

72 sway bars assembly are one year only, then 73 and lates are slightly diff due the isolation spring setup, but they are pretty much the same.

I'd like a recommendation for a '69RR that's had the springs moved into the frame rails and using Caltracs. has a larger than stock front bar, stock t-bars.

Here is the factory diagram.
View attachment 1462006
the pic got circled the screw used to attach the bracket to the frame rail, because I was adding the sway bar on my car and was asking about the size of the screw.

72 sway bars assembly are one year only, then 73 and lates are slightly diff due the isolation spring setup, but they are pretty much the same.

That is the funkiest sway bar I have ever seen. Can't believe the way the end links mount to the bar - although I guess you can't call them "end links." No way Firm Feel's End Link Plates will work with that arrangement.

Thats what I said. They give you GOOD instructions. CALL Firm Feel

TBH I will never do business with Firm Feel or Mancini Racing again if I can avoid it. I want to put the part in my cart, pay for it, preferably get free shipping and/or a forum discount, and have it in 2-3 days. This deal where I have to wait for them to run the part off to the post office and weigh it, than email me with a shipping and handling charge, than I have to pay again; doesn't cut it. Especially when the shipping and handling is still a steep price and the part gets here slower than it does from PST or Doctor Diff. And I mean slower once shipped, not counting the time it takes them to run to the post office, or counting the time it takes for me to play phone tag and get the part paid for.

I may be stuck with Firm Feel because the factory 72 end link plates are hard to find (probably super expensive too), but man I'm not happy about it. I may have to look at that PST bar again.

That is the funkiest sway bar I have ever seen. Can't believe the way the end links mount to the bar - although I guess you can't call them "end links." No way Firm Feel's End Link Plates will work with that arrangement.

TBH I will never do business with Firm Feel or Mancini Racing again if I can avoid it. I want to put the part in my cart, pay for it, preferably get free shipping and/or a forum discount, and have it in 2-3 days. This deal where I have to wait for them to run the part off to the post office and weigh it, than email me with a shipping and handling charge, than I have to pay again; doesn't cut it. Especially when the shipping and handling is still a steep price and the part gets here slower than it does from PST or Doctor Diff. And I mean slower once shipped, not counting the time it takes them to run to the post office, or counting the time it takes for me to play phone tag and get the part paid for.

I may be stuck with Firm Feel because the factory 72 end link plates are hard to find (probably super expensive too), but man I'm not happy about it. I may have to look at that PST bar again.
This is almost comical. We all had to wait for something lately for way to long. IDK what if they have someone separately that just handles shipping but I will say that some parts are heavy to ship like rear springs and even a sway bar. In referring the sway bar Its kinda an odd shape. I know when I ship heavy objects, do you really think I can pull a shipping quote out of the air? It is what it is, regardless if they get back to you later after a quote.

Ok, I read the thread and I'm still not positive about the answer I'm after. Will a 1974 rear bar work on a 1971? I honestly feel confident as many of the parts like floor pans etc interchange. Therefore I suspect the rails are in the same locations.

This is almost comical. We all had to wait for something lately for way to long. IDK what if they have someone separately that just handles shipping but I will say that some parts are heavy to ship like rear springs and even a sway bar. In referring the sway bar Its kinda an odd shape. I know when I ship heavy objects, do you really think I can pull a shipping quote out of the air? It is what it is, regardless if they get back to you later after a quote.

PST_Sway_Bar.jpeg

PST can do it. I'd have that bar by the end of the week. I've spent thousands on suspension and steering with PST, QA1, BAC, Borgeson, Doctor Diff - all heavy stuff, out the door with no extra steps. Where I have a choice, those are the guys I'll be dealing with.

Ok, I read the thread and I'm still not positive about the answer I'm after. Will a 1974 rear bar work on a 1971? I honestly feel confident as many of the parts like floor pans etc interchange. Therefore I suspect the rails are in the same locations.
Yes, althought the plates are diff, but can be modified to work

finally found this thread… more info there talking and showing the differences on plates

Rear sway bar

Last edited:
Need to call the different ones and make a decision: Firm Feel, QA1, PST and done. Welcome to the Mopar world/hobby

Does anyone know what Firm Feel's Leaf Spring ISO Delete Kit is? I was considering biting the bullet on their bar kit, but the site says "*1972-1979 Require our ISO Delete Kit in combination to this sway bar kit." So that's $495 for the bar and $325 for the ISO delete kit, which means it's around a grand after shipping and handling and taxes. Well, that's a "no" for me but I'd like to see what this ISO Delete Kit is.

Does anyone know what Firm Feel's Leaf Spring ISO Delete Kit is? I was considering biting the bullet on their bar kit, but the site says "*1972-1979 Require our ISO Delete Kit in combination to this sway bar kit." So that's $495 for the bar and $325 for the ISO delete kit, which means it's around a grand after shipping and handling and taxes. Well, that's a "no" for me but I'd like to see what this ISO Delete Kit is.
Call

Why would I call? There's zero chance I'm spending a grand on a sway bar.

Why would I call? There's zero chance I'm spending a grand on a sway bar.
Why call? Did I say to spend a grand? NO. But to truly get the answers to your question(s) you have, why not call them? But no, you keep asking here where no one here made it or then you ask about their kit here *1972-1979 Require our ISO Delete Kit in combination*. that's why you call them. SMH

Last edited:
Hey, we could shut the forum down and call vendors instead . . . or we could answer questions here and it will help people reading through for years to come.

If anyone does know what the ISO delete kit is, I'm curious. Otherwise, I'm moving on.

As mentioned, 73 and lates got an isolation spring assembly which requires a diff sway bar plate than 72s (and obviously 71)

if removing, the mentioned kit consists on maybe the bottom shock absorber plate, along with shorter U bolts and diff axle pedestals.

spring centering stud is also diff size. 5/16” on pre 72 and 3/8“ on post 72… with a small metallic sleve/bushing on both ends.

Last edited:
This is the spring with the 73 and lates isolation setup

rear-spring-iso.jpg

amd this is the 73 and lates isolation clamp with the 73 and lates sway bar plate

E05D5675-ED63-4955-A0FE-B84F7DD80513.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back