• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Remember way back I mentioned that GM Camaro...

Donny

Local time
7:28 AM
Reaction score
You old timers will remember I 'asked' first if I could post the then newly arrived and sure to be long-term project in a 69 Camaro? Well, it's almost 'done'; ie done like all metal work that is in my lane. This has been a long haul for sure! It started off as in for Media Blasting and subsequent small metal work. Since that first assessment, the owner has upped the game a bit, so, here's what I replaced on this car with new AMD stampings: Full qtrs, Inner and Outer Wheelhouses, Trunk pan center section, Trunk Drop offs, New Rood, New Roof webbing, New 1 pc Floor, New Firewall, New Dashboard, fixed the rotted Doors, fixed one Fender's previous collision damage, Shaved the drip rails (which is not even close to that incorrect description as there is no shaving, it's all re-engineering the way the Roof goes on! Mini-Tubbed the rear end, New Tail Panel, Blasted the car a second time, this time the inner structures, blasted it a third time after all the metal work was done to clean up the welds and dirt and sludge that builds up in the car, on the car, then put in Epoxy primer, then touched up a few more areas, and then more Epoxy primer! Wednesday the car will be officially done! A LOT of work for one man (me) juggling (in this time frame) several other jobs! There are almost current pics on my site drblast . com and more current ones on the facebook page, and, I can and will post a few here too if anyone wishes!

What's next? Got my fingers already into a 73 Alfa Romeo GTV and a 70 Challenger, and of course the slow-going but persistent 49 Chevrolet. Yeah, I need a good skilled guy to assist me, anyone? I'm about done with HS seniors, they all are not emotionally developed and have the undeveloped work ethics an adult has, or, should have! And, my current super slow motion GTX, Satellite, 300 personal projects, but, they are actually moving -- slowly!

Hey Donny,
Was that the Camaro that the owner had tried doing the welding himself and made a complete mess of it?

That was the Mustang, and also the Javelin. Both of those guys had little idea what they were doing.

Next time I'm an out of work engineer, i'll look you up. Good luck in your search for good help.

sjd

Donny
Yes, please post pics, we all (or at least I) would love to see more pics of your work. Can't seem to get enough of watching people bring cars back to their former glory. Thanks
Rick

Donny,
I remember because I think "you thought "WE" would give you heck about it but we didn't.
And then you mentioned an old Ford and replacing most of the metal on that 69 Camaro.

As I have always stated: "I WISH I WAS DONNY'S NEIGHBOR"

Whatever happened to the corvette? Did you get your money back? Glad the mero is on its way sounded like a pita to begin with.

Corvette owner paid me after County sent him a certified letter to appear, he's the VP of a Commercial Real Estate firm here in town. LOL

Here's some pics, before, during and now.
IMG_6418.jpgIMG_6417.jpgIMG_6414.jpgIMG_6413.jpgIMG_6412.jpgIMG_6410.jpgIMG_6404.jpgIMG_6400.jpgIMG_6397.jpgIMG_6396.jpgIMG_6203.jpgIMG_5752.jpgIMG_20150510_182159.jpgIMG_4937.jpgIMG_4936.jpgIMG_4935.jpgIMG_4934.jpgIMG_4785.jpgIMG_4781.jpgIMG_4740.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_0110.jpgIMG_0112.jpgIMG_0118.jpgIMG_0119.jpgIMG_0232.jpgIMG_0253.jpgIMG_0284.jpgIMG_0297.jpgIMG_0363.jpgIMG_0373.jpgIMG_0378.jpgIMG_0380.jpgIMG_0500.jpgIMG_0506.jpgIMG_0528.jpgIMG_0863.jpgIMG_1358.jpgIMG_1515.jpgIMG_1835.jpgIMG_2041.jpgIMG_2236.jpgIMG_2394.jpgIMG_3013.jpgIMG_3015.jpgIMG_3705.jpgIMG_3708.jpgIMG_3710.jpgIMG_3739.jpg

Wow, that's some intensive work! Well done I might add.

Thanks for the pictures of your work Donny - WOW, very impressive work to boot ! !

Ditto what has been said before - wish I lived close to Donny ! ! !

If I could get my wife to leave the Houston area, I'd move out your way....probably around Boerne. Then I could give you a hand when you needed it or as much as my back would allow me to. I have a good friend that lives in Kerrville but liked what little I saw of the Boerne area better. What part of SA are you in? Wouldn't mind stopping by the next time I made a run to Kerrville.

Cool...I usually take 1604 to bypass SA and pick up 10 on the other side. Sounds like that's not far off from you.

Auto Transport Service
Back