• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

reproduction chrome Road wheels any good?

monaco66coupe

Local time
12:10 AM
Reaction score
I'm looking to purchase a set of 15x7 chrome road wheels for my 68' Charger from Jegs. I have heard around though they are cheap Chinese junk, and are prone to rust if they are ever driven in bad weather. We do get stuck out there sometimes. I don't like buying Chinese products anyway, but Is there more than one manufacturer of these wheels?

Wheel Vintiques are the cheapest and that's what Jegs carries. They are a lug-centric and not hub-centric wheel, so while there have been several complaints of out-of-round wheels, I have to think at least 50% of those are from tire shops who cannot balance or mount them properly.

Specialty Wheel makes magnums as well and they are a set up from the WVs. There is another brand that I can't recall but they are pricey.

I'm after original looks, and have a set of 14x5.5 wheels, but the available tire sizes are problem.

Auto Transport Service
Back