• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Requests for real life 1st or 2nd hand experience with the Weiand P3690982 6bbl intake

This looks like the Edelbrock/Chrysler aluminum 6bbl intake I have on my 440 now, but setup for the F&B direct port injection 3x2 throttle bodies.
440 6bblsys.gif

They run way better than I thought they would as a 2x4. No reason the 3x2 would be any different. Brent Wheeler's 66 Coronet has been well into the 9's using one with 2 Eddy carbs.
Doug

It’ll work fine for your application but I think I’d want the mod man with the EFI on the stroker. Larger plenum volume for the bigger engine, single plane design for the EFI and it all packages under the air grabber hood.

If you're going with port injection, I don't think runner length plays as much of a role as it would with carbs or TBI. This would be a good question for Rich Nedbal

It’ll work fine for your application but I think I’d want the mod man with the EFI on the stroker. Larger plenum volume for the bigger engine, single plane design for the EFI and it all packages under the air grabber hood.
Bruce at F&B said the same. About 60 horsepower gain over other manifolds with the 6bbl, and THE go to for a stroker motor.
This would be a good question for Rich Nedbal
Bruce at F&B actually knows Rich well and his name came up in the conversation.
Long story short, either with my Promax modded Holley 2bbl carbs or the F&B direct port injection throttle body setup, the ModMan or Edelbrock/Chrysler aluminum 6bbl intake are the best choices, I already own the Edelbrock/Chrysler intake, the ModMan is available new and for a lot less than the Weiand, and only the Weiand would nix all the progress I've made toward completing my N96 setup, so the Weiand is OUT.

I doubt it will fit under your stock hood on your 70 RR
not with a factory air cleaner anyway
IIRC it's an 1" or more taller than the org. 6bbl manifold
from Edelbrock or iron Ma-MoPar 6bbl intake
Don't quote me on that going off memory

not mine in the photo (I have no photos I can find)
Intake 413-426w-440 6bbl Weiand & single 4bbl 4500series Tunnel ram #1.jpg

I used on a long time ago on a 69 RR
it did well, but my carbs were far from stock too

I was gonna' do the F&B setup, before
just never pulled the trigger

IIRC the FiTech 6bbl set up is like $1900
you can talk with them & have bigger injectors installed
& flash the software if 600hp+ (- maybe 700hp capability, isn't enough)
Intake FI fitech-go-efi-tri-power-600hp-system-2.png

I had really good luck with the STR-15 B/Low-deck & STR-14 RB
Budnicks 69 RR 440ci str-6bbl #2.JPG

with single 4bbl 2 4bbl & 3x2bbls tops
Edlebrock cross-ram plenum manifolds
I had to do a few mods to them too, really torque-y
compared to stock manifolds (seat of pants)

But even on an OE manifold
with the plenum (dual plane) separator cut down & ported
that is a decent deal too, just use an 1/2" to 1" open spacer
& knife edge the divider
raises the ideal RPM & Torque band, up a few RPM
but that will work too

I have 3) 1" x 2 hole 2bbl phenolic spacers, on my current B/Lowdeck
It made it a bit more snappy, but had to tune for it too
barely fits under a liftoff/pinned on 69.5 A-12 hood
I doubt it'd fit under any stock hood (I also use a 3" K&N Element)
68 RR #30 A-12 6bbl pan & fresh air air-cleaner w-phenolic spacers.JPG

Thanks Budnicks.
After talking with Bruce at F&B, I know the ModMan intake will work with the N96 hood and airbox, but there may be some tweaking involved...
The Weiand, which I am now only curious to see what kind of performance moselyme gets with his F&B setup, wouldn't even fit under the hood. Since I have my AMD N96 hood already painted and installed, and I have an airbox and some other odd and ends, and I consider it to be THE coolest air intake of the entire muscle car era, and the Edelbrock/Chrysler or for sure ModMan is going to produce better performance, I have given up on the Weiand.
The STR-14-6BBL has a reputation for not producing as much power as the Weiand.
They both sure look cool though!

You were thinking that would fit under a stock hood ?!?!?

You were thinking that would fit under a stock hood ?!?!?
Of course not. I was willing to do a "six pack" hood, in black, or a "six pack" scoop if need be to accommodate the Weiand.
That doesn't matter now. I've moved on.
Thanks.

...on an OE manifold
with the plenum (dual plane) separator cut down & ported
that is a decent deal too, just use an 1/2" to 1" open spacer & knife edge the divider
raises the ideal RPM & Torque band, up a few RPM...
That is easy and cheap. Sort of the "Vanke modification" for a dual plane Edelbrock 6bbl. Ultimately if I build a stroker RB, which is the front runner plan, I have to make sure it will turn enough RPMs to cross the 1320 finish line in 4th w/my 4.10 Ring and Pinion gearset.
Still thinking of adding the Nitrous Express single 2bbl spray plate, with a blank plate under the outboard carbs, w/a 100HP shot as an "oh ****" backup.

This is an Indy single plain - and IT won't fit under a 6 pak scoop with an air cleaner on it

IMG_1183.JPG

I was still referring to the Weiand but I know that's a dead issue.

So does the RB modman have injector bosses cast in ? The one's in the photo don't.

Damn thing looks like a shoebox covered in aluminum...
That's what I told Bruce, but he says there's more to it than meets the eye, and there have been bets lost when the ModMan produced more power than other intakes or than expected.

F&B EFI six pack article in the new Car Craft. They use the Edelbrock intake and the Holley HP ECU.
I just ordered, paid for, and I am going to read right now and check back in on the SEPTEMBER 2019 Car Craft issue. It has the article you referred to on the F&B direct port injection 3x2 throttle body setup, and what looks like TWO great articles on the 1320 edition Challenger...and a 1968 Dart.
One of many times it's good to be a member of the MOPAR nation!
:thumbsup:

:bananadance:

:thankyou: @Hemirunner :usflag::luvplace:

Auto Transport Service
Back